By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump: 'Nobody Really Knows' If Climate Change Is Real

bdbdbd said:
I can see where he's coming from. He's likely talking in the context of shitty trade agreements, where imported stuff do not need to follow any emission rules, when domestic production has to. Not only it is bad for domestic jobs, but also it's double standards.

And - which climate change are we talking about, in general, or caused by humans. Problem is, that the whole climate change it a tool for politics. Trump seem very cautios, as climate change isn't very popular in US, but you still have foreign relations to take into consideration.

You Sir, you get it 100%. Hats off to you, most people commenting didn't even try to put some effort and read the whole thing.

Around the Network
fuallmofus said:
Qwark said:

You do know electric cars do polute the sky with particulate matter by breaking and due the the fact that tirerecistance to the road also emits this form of very harmful air pollution. Particulate matter doesn't smell tough.

u do know that its like billion times smaler amounts than this shit that comes from muffler

From cars 75% of particulate matter comes from the tires and brakes and only a small percentage comes from the engine itself according to the manufacters specs. You do save an awful lot of benzeen, NOx, O3 and other air pollutant emissions. But if you count the most harmfull for health being particulate matter, the air quality doesn´t improve that drastically. 

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/electric-car-particulate-matter/

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Dude isnt really out to push americans to think. Its obvious if hes questioning Global Warming. The earth naturally goes through warming and cooling phases, but human interference has helped push the warming phase along .

maybe what he trying to say is , " i know and agree about climate changging, but the money is more important now "

fatslob-:O said:
Chris Hu said:

Uh, no its a lot easier to die from a heat wave because of a heat stroke or dehydration then to die from extreme cold.

That's false ... 

More people are likely to have health issues under cooler temperatures than hotter ones ...

Having health issues and dying are two completely things again its much easier to die from extreme heat then extreme cold. 

Around the Network
Locknuts said:
Signalstar said:
I take 20 minutes a day to be depressed that he will be our president.

The Germans have a word for that: Weltschmerz.

They have words for everything.

I do think you're overreacting though.

Oh yeah, we have a lot of words. If we need a new one, we will make one.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

NATURE and NASA published two studies that the global CO2 absorbtion has more than doubled in the last 50 years due to the massive green growth, which was caused by CO2 emissions - an interesting feedback effect.

Recent pause in the growth rate of atmospheric CO2 due to enhanced terrestrial carbon uptake
Over the past 50 years, the amount of CO2 absorbed by the oceans and terrestrial biosphere annually has more than doubled..

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds
From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide... The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms13428
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth/

Trump is a straw man candidate. I don't think many people like more than 30% of what he has to say. Mainly, it's the neo-nazi racists who think mexicans and muslims are the source of all america's trouble and that the jews are conspiring to take over the world that are his true supporters.

The rest are those people who don't really pay much attention to what's going on in politics. They go on TV and all they hear is hours of Trump talking about how he's for the little guy and how crooked Hillary is. Then Trump supporters are the most vocal screaming from the rooftops everything Trump says.

There's a video of Bernie Sanders talking to a group of Trump supporters. He spend two minutes with them and turned the whole crowd into liberals...

HollyGamer said:
maybe what he trying to say is , " i know and agree about climate changging, but the money is more important now "

Could be the case, but surely people should raise the subject of what some of the pollution is like in area's of China today because of ignoring what happens when you go all about the money and don't care about the aftermath of it, Imagine a US where the air wasn't breathable without a mask on, sure... they might lower their debt from it, but at the cost of the air they breath for the future is too high a cost which you can't put a $ figure on.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

MDMAlliance said:

So did no one bother to look this up? 

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Highest levels of CO2 in 500,000 years.... I bet a graph like that for methane molekyle, would be the same.

bunchanumbers said:
Its amusing. Your house could be on fire, and I'm thinking that some of you would still be saying 'Prove it.'

Look how long it took before tobaco was to admit smokeing caused cancer.

Just you wait.... 10-20years from now, we ll see a insane increase in the amount of people with brain cancer, from smart phones.

Wonder how long it ll be until the phone companys admit their phones cause cancer too.

This is "Cress": 

That grew without a wireless internet router in a room:

This is Cress that grew in a room with a wireless internet router:

Just wait 20 years.... infertility because of mobile & internet routers, will be much higher than today.

"Prove it"

^ by then its too late, damage done.