By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump: 'Nobody Really Knows' If Climate Change Is Real

ebw said:

Said someone who knows nothing of statistical sampling methods.

Always question everything even from the so called experts ... 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Locknuts said:
This statement actually rings pretty true. The feedbacks in the climate are not properly understood. This is why the climate sensitivity estimates for a doubling of Co2 haven't really changed from 3C + or - 1.5C since I think 1992.

Also, this is just one factor. The Earth's climate is incredibly complex. We know that Co2 causes warming but the rest is really up in the air (pardon the pun).

They are slowly narrowing things down the more we learn and the more research is done, but overall Trump is right: nobody really knows to a point where we should be legislating on this stuff.

Wouldn't it make sense to err on the side of caution though? 

If you only had one car for the rest of your life and I said the radiator might be overheating and if it overheats it might destroy the entire car if you don't get it fixed ... what would you do? 

Common sense says get the radiator swapped out or at least looked at and not just keep driving around assuming nothing is probably going to happen. 

Not knowing for certain isn't an excuse for complete inaction given what's at stake. 

Action would be foolish though without a proper understanding of what needs to be done, if anything. Especially any action (such as the UN's solution) which is to take money from all the wealthy countries and give that money without accountability to the leaders of hopelessly corrupt nations. 

the-pi-guy said:
bowserthedog said:

While i think we should acknowledge climate change it's hard to take the scientific community seriously when they are consistantly wrong about these type of things.  First it was global freezing, then it was global warming, and now it's climate change. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_climate_change_science#Scientists_increasingly_predict_warming.2C_1970s

Not exactly.  

Climate change is global warming.  

They're back to a new ice age btw: http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/741841/ICE-AGE-COMING-solar-activity-reaches-low

Signalstar said:
I take 20 minutes a day to be depressed that he will be our president.

The Germans have a word for that: Weltschmerz.

They have words for everything.

I do think you're overreacting though.

yea its totally not noticaeble the shitty air in chittys. i would rather have every car replaced with electric ones, than have those fast, confortable stinky ones. Yea i know makeing those batteries isnt clean. And the soil gets polluted but these problems get critical after my life. I want clean AIR FUCKING NOW! They should make it like an ultimatum. Every fuck who still drives a diesel or bensin gets 2 weeks to replace it with an electric car or else .... yes exactly

Around the Network

the way we lived today is just fucked (let this one slides moderators), we are too many, we consume way too much, we throw away even more.

This is not going to end well, humanity will keep living, that's for sure, but we are not going to enjoy the life we have for very long.

I would be sad for my kids, but I am planning on not having any.

Yet all the suggests the climate is heating up. He would have made a stronger argument by saying we don't know the exact cause. Data strongly and history suggests the emission of greenhouse gasses, although some scientists claim that the sun is heating up. I for myself strongly disagree with Trump since researches pretty much came to the conclusion if CO2 concentration rise the temperature follows since pretty much the dinosaurs walked the planet. But Trump doesn't give a crap about environment or the climate and only wants oil,coal and other fosil dollars.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

fuallmofus said:

yea its totally not noticaeble the shitty air in chittys. i would rather have every car replaced with electric ones, than have those fast, confortable stinky ones. Yea i know makeing those batteries isnt clean. And the soil gets polluted but these problems get critical after my life. I want clean AIR FUCKING NOW! They should make it like an ultimatum. Every fuck who still drives a diesel or bensin gets 2 weeks to replace it with an electric car or else .... yes exactly

You do know electric cars do polute the sky with particulate matter by breaking and due the the fact that tirerecistance to the road also emits this form of very harmful air pollution. Particulate matter doesn't smell tough.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
fuallmofus said:

You do know electric cars do polute the sky with particulate matter by breaking and due the the fact that tirerecistance to the road also emits this form of very harmful air pollution. Particulate matter doesn't smell tough.

u do know that its like billion times smaler amounts than this shit that comes from muffler.

Qwark said:
fuallmofus said:

u do know that its like billion times smaler amounts than this shit that comes from muffler.