By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [New Poll] Will you buy multiplatform games on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC?

Will you buy multiplats on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC if you own both systems?

Switch 270 37.04%

PS4/XBO/PC 331 45.40%

Won't own a Switch 109 14.95%

Won't own a PS4/XBO/PC 19 2.61%

Total:729

So this is an interesting question that was brought up by a user on Neogaf, and I thought it was compelling enough to deserve its own thread. Assuming that most/all multiplats that are released on the PS4/XBO/PC are also released on the Switch, will you buy multiplatform games on Switch, so that you can play it anytime/anywhere, or on PC/PS4/XBO to display it in higher resolution/ HDR on your TV?

As for me, I think I've been pretty clear. While I value performance a lot, particularly framerate, I value convenience way more, so I plan on buying all of my multiplats on the Switch. What about you?

Around the Network

I have a PS4 and XB1, so I don't really see a reason to buy a multiplatform game on the Switch if I get less for my money... Smaller and indie games I will get for the Switch.

I dont like to play games "On the go". Even my 3ds I play in my room, while on the bed, so for me the obvious answer is get them for Ps4.

PC...

While it sounds nice to be able to play games on the Go, the benefits of playing on the PC still outweigh it for me. Specially the Generations issue.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

mostly PS4, unless the game is really suited to portability and quick sessions.

Stardew Valley for instance I will get on Switch

Around the Network

Switch and I'd rebuy a shitload too.
What I would pay for a portable Team Fortress 2 and CnC Anniversary on Switch.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I'm surprised at how well the Switch is polling considering the responses in the thread.

pc, if the game looks good enough on the switch then on the switch because of the portable aspect.

On the Switch, not only you can play on the go but in whatever position you like, I sometimes have back problems and stop playing because it starts hurting me, with WiiU it was easy to play in whatever position when that happens and so it will be with Switch, but this time everywhere you want, and also looks like games will look great on that screen.

Also, that poll is hardly representative, what do you think the hater comunity with no intentions of ever getting a Nintendo console is voting? At least give a third option with "I don't give a ..."

Since I already have a PS4, and will be getting a Switch eventually, it will probably be a toss up. However, this all depends on if the Switch even gets any multiplat support.