By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony Dismisses Sony Pictures and PlayStation Merger Rumours

Aura7541 said:
LivingMetal said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaattt...?

I. am. not. joking.

My fantasies have been shattered...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Darwinianevolution said:
What? Whas that a thing? Why would Sony merge one of its most important divissions with one that keeps struggling to find continued success year after year?

Operating Income. Gaming first and Pictures second.

2011     29.3     34.1

2012       1.7     47.8

2013      -18.8   51.6    

2014     48.1     58.5

2015     88.7     38.5

To be fair, those  years were the end of the PS3 and PSP lifecycle and the developement and release of both Vita and PS4. Soooo... :P

I don't know, after the failure of the Spiderman Reboot movies, the amount of reboots they do and specially the PR dissaster that was the Ghostbuster movies, I don't see how Sony Pictures can be considered anything but unstable. What was the last big solid hit Sony Pictures got, both critically and finantially?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

If it's true they're not going to say yes. But they wouldn't also out right deny it.

They usually wouldn't comment or give some weird answer. But they were clear here.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Aura7541 said:
Considering the Ghostbusters debacle and now, having Amy Schumer playing as Barbie... yeah, let's keep Playstation and Sony Pictures separate.

I get why there was a ghostbusters debacle but what's the debacle behind Barbie?

Wow. I thought they wanted PlayStation to be successful. Sony Pictures the chicken pox of the movie world, always infecting a new round of cinema.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Aura7541 said:
Considering the Ghostbusters debacle and now, having Amy Schumer playing as Barbie... yeah, let's keep Playstation and Sony Pictures separate.

I get why there was a ghostbusters debacle but what's the debacle behind Barbie?

Assuming the same debacle whenever a casting happens for superhero movie or other known properties.

She doesn't look like Barbie. He doesn't look like Batman. They whitewashed the part. They didn't cast a white person to play this person.

Ect.

When isn't there an outcry on a casting choice?

LurkerJ said:
Aura7541 said:

Not even BBW Barbie. More like...

Heavenly_King said:
That merging would be quite useful so that there are AAA games based on movies.

No, it wouldnt be.

Hunting Season is done...

BraLoD said:
I hadn't even heard that rumor up until now xP

Exactly my thoughts when I clicked on this thread. XD

Looks like we have a lot of Barbie fans in this thread.