By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony Dismisses Sony Pictures and PlayStation Merger Rumours

LurkerJ said:
binary solo said:

The trouble with casting Schumer as Barbie is that while ideologically it is a good idea in the abstract, financially it is a bad idea. And possibly ideologically ineffective in practice.

Are young girls going to go watch this movie? Probably not in big enough numbers to make the movie successful, and just like the Ghostbusters financial bomb (because it wasn't a good movie, not because it was dominated by vaginas), having this movie be a flop hurts whatever cause the producers think is being championed with this movie. If the target audience for this is young girls, then this relies too much on "red state" families sending or taking their girls to the movie, which they won't do simply for the fact that red state media are already dismissing this as SJW PC manipulation of beloved cultural icons. So people are already innoculated against it.

When a movie already only appeals to 50% of the population (because let's face it even if the movie was brilliant and universally praised, it would still be a 90% female audience), it can't afford to piss off the "red state" demographic of that audience.

A proper Amy Schumer Barbie movie would be an R-rated comedy where Barbie is now a replaced, washed up has been, who is swearing, drinking and sleeping her way around town to cope with her rejection and fall from grace.  

Also, the timing is just wrong now they're in Trump's America.

Lol. I didn't know Barbie was caught in a war against SJWs. Ghostbusters... I understand, men turned out to be strongly attached to that "classic". But Barbie? Who the hell cares.

As for Amy, I only know her from "Trainwreck" that I have yet to watch (been on my watchlist for a while), and those youtube thumbnails that I never click on. I might as well watch the movie later tonight to know she's about, I also hear it's a very good movie, we'll see.

It's not an SJW matter, except for having cast Amy Schumer as Barbie who can't even pretend to fit the body image of Barbie dolls, and therefore cue the accusation that SJWs trying to ruin yet another harmless bit of American child culture.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I think once they release the new Spiderman game, Spiderman movie, and the Macross/Robotech movie, it'll be smooth sailing from there.

They should also keep Xperia, don't go for super expensive but make it affordable and durable like Motorola phones.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Even if the rumor was true, what exactly would merging the gaming & movie divisions accomplish in terms of real world applications?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well these are not the two divisions they need to merge anyway.

The two divisions that need to be merged are Sony Mobile Communications and Sony Interactive Entertainment. Then they need to build phones around the PS4 ecosystem, and a true PlayStation Phone and Next Gen Portable. PlayStation should be Sony's electronics brand for all products. They have to get off Android if they ever want gain market share.

Sony Pictures is doing fine the movie side has struggled of late, but the TV side is doing very well. They can turn the movie side around, and then things will be fine. The only thing SP and SIE need to work together on is streaming, there is not point in having Ultra and PS Video competeing against each other.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Smart move