By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yooka-Laylee launches April 11th, Wii U version cancelled, most likely coming to Switch

animegaming said:
curl-6 said:
Next up, Yooka Laylee

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8172910

KLXVER said:
I absolutely NEVER thought they would cancel the WiiU version.

Who was it that predicted this and we all pretty much called him crazy? I think we owe that guy an apology.

I just bumped the Stardew Valley thread because curl-6 said that Yooka Laylee is next on the chopping block.

I just remember talking to someone about it. Might have been him.

Around the Network

If Nintendo want to satisfy there current wiiu install base like they said, then they should be doing everything they can to get these games on the system still, this just makes me not want to purchase a Switch even more.

animegaming said:
Kresnik said:

I'd also say that a Kickstarted indie game on Wii U in 2014 =/= a Kickstarted indie game on Wii U in 2017.  A lot has changed in those 3 years.

This is also probably why we will get word of Bloodstain's Wii U cancellation before the January event I bet.

Yeah, that game is 2018, so theres no way the WiiU will get it.

Didnt know it would get a physical release though. Thats cool. I pledged only 15£ to get it. So Ill get it on the PS4 and the physical version on Switch.

MegaDrive08 said:
If Nintendo want to satisfy there current wiiu install base like they said, then they should be doing everything they can to get these games on the system still, this just makes me not want to purchase a Switch even more.

Look I understand that you are bitter over how they are treated the Wii U in the end but Nintendo did tried and while it could of been better in terms of software releases this point they need to move on since it is clear to everyone that nothing can save the Wii U since they basically played all of their cards that made the Wii into the massive jaggernaught it was and those weren't enough and its pretty clear that its just not worth investing into the Wii U anymore since it can't even outsell the Vita.

Kresnik said:
maxleresistant said:

Project Cars, Stardew Valley, Hyper Light Drifter, Gone Home, Alien Colonial Marines, Arkham Origins DLC, Road Redemption, Zombie Vikings, 90's Arcade Racer, Metro Last Light, Battlefield 3. And now Yooka Laylee :)

I think that's it

90's Arcade Racer isn't necessarily cancelled for Wii-U yet.  Since it still hasn't released on any platform lol!

If we're doing the cancelled games list then apparently Crysis 3 was also cancelled for it.  And I don't think it'll be long before we can add Bloodstained to the list.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217095

Yeah Bloodstained is going to be next

Around the Network

The Wii-U has been the lead platform since Banjo-Kazooie was a Nintendo franchise and a very large number of backers will be Wii-U owners. But the Wii-U is completely hacked and all games can easily be pirated without any modification, so from a business standpoint this is a right decision.

etking said:

But the Wii-U is completely hacked and all games can easily be pirated without any modification, so from a business standpoint this is a right decision.

While that is true I don't think that's the reasoning behind the cancellation. If it were the case then the game wouldn't be coming to PC either.

They looked so damn interested on making a WiiU version, in fact WiiU was the first console they named at the beginning and they expressed time and time again how much they wanted it to put the game on the system and now this? You really can't trust this companies at all, even the best ones, I love the team but i can't help but feel very disappointed by them.

Oh well, I'll get it on PC then, but I have some mixed feelings about giving them my money after this, not gonna lie.

Sad, so now the WiiU had Zelda and Bloodstained, and that's it. Poor WiiU, doesn't deserve this ending...

Fededx said:
Sad, so now the WiiU had Zelda and Bloodstained, and that's it. Poor WiiU, doesn't deserve this ending...

I'd be kind of surprise if Bloodstained came to WiiU still... considering it's not releasing for over a year.