By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yooka-Laylee launches April 11th, Wii U version cancelled, most likely coming to Switch

Goodnightmoon said:
guiduc said:

Is it really really confirmed that this will be on Switch? Because their tweet said they were ''working closely'' with Nintendo to bring the game to Switch, but that doesn't sound like a total confirmation to me, and I'm worried as fuck.

One thing is almost for sure, Nintendo fans will be the last fanbase able to play it (Nintendo fans with only Nintendo devices, that's it) and that's pretty fucked up, they were so interested on Nintendo fans, they said... yeah. Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

You know what? I think it happened in that very order:

1) They really intended for YL to be released on Wii U.

2) Nintendo told them they were gonna kill it and move all resources to Switch, and asked for YL to be moved as well to broaden the first year lineup

3) Playtonic had to switch all resources to develop on a higher-end platform, therefore causing more delays

4) Playtonic had to come up with a stupid ass reason to justify why they moved development to Switch without telling Nintendo asked them to kill the Wii U version

We never know what's happening behind curtains. I'm fairly certain this is how it went and Playtonic do care about Nintendo fans.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

I sincerely wish you were right, but at this point, I think it's almost guaranteed that it will be.

No is not, nothing more than a movie in your head, learn to differenciate between internet fantasies and reality.

Why would I fantasize about the cancellation of a game I want to play?

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No is not, nothing more than a movie in your head, learn to differenciate between internet fantasies and reality.

Is not that you fantasize, you believe the internet fantasy were half of the things are not real.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Is not that you fantasize, you believe the internet fantasy were half of the things are not real.

It's not internet rumours and such that convinced me, I came to the conclusion myself some time ago. I wasn't the first, Pavolink predicted it as far back as February 2014.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It's not internet rumours and such that convinced me, I came to the conclusion myself some time ago. I wasn't the first, Pavolink predicted it as far back as February 2014.

Oh, if Pavolink said it in 2014 then now I'm doubting... lmao

Let's do it like this, if you are so sure, then take with me the bet on the other thread.

Around the Network

Well I'd call a dead console "technical issues" too lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.