By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yooka-Laylee launches April 11th, Wii U version cancelled, most likely coming to Switch

Well, then, time to move my version and sell WiiU. It's been a fun ride, but I don't have any reason now to keep it.

Around the Network

I understand why some people would be mad, it's a few months before launch and we are now just hearing the game is cancelled on Wii U. However for me personally I am really happy they are moving the focus to Nintendo Switch, I am perfectly fine with moving my Wii U pledge to Switch.

The thing makes sense but, "unforeseen technical issues" is insulting.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

KingofTrolls said:
Eagle367 said:
 At least have the balls to admit that you don't think you will profit from the Wii u version so you're moving to Switch instead of "unforseen technical issues". That has got to be the lamest developer excuse in all of history

Its still up there

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Nintendo will probably use the same excuse when they cancel the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild.

That is not gonna happen

I sincerely wish you were right, but at this point, I think it's almost guaranteed that it will be.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That is not gonna happen

I sincerely wish you were right, but at this point, I think it's almost guaranteed that it will be.

No is not, nothing more than a movie in your head, learn to differenciate between internet fantasies and reality.

Meelow said:
I understand why some people would be mad, it's a few months before launch and we are now just hearing the game is cancelled on Wii U. However for me personally I am really happy they are moving the focus to Nintendo Switch, I am perfectly fine with moving my Wii U pledge to Switch.

Is it really really confirmed that this will be on Switch? Because their tweet said they were ''working closely'' with Nintendo to bring the game to Switch, but that doesn't sound like a total confirmation to me, and I'm worried as fuck.

guiduc said:
Meelow said:

Is it really really confirmed that this will be on Switch? Because their tweet said they were ''working closely'' with Nintendo to bring the game to Switch, but that doesn't sound like a total confirmation to me, and I'm worried as fuck.

One thing is almost for sure, Nintendo fans will be the last fanbase able to play it (Nintendo fans with only Nintendo devices, that's it) and that's pretty fucked up, they were so interested on Nintendo fans, they said... yeah. Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

guiduc said:

Here's the exact wording from their twitter.

"Playtonic is working closely with Nintendo to look to bring Yooka-Laylee to Nintendo Switch"

So no it's not directly 100% confirmed, though if they are looking at it I'd be very surprised if it didn't happen. Though I think it's quite likely the Switch version will launch later than other versions if they're not directly confirming it will be on the console and instead saying that their "looking to bring" it to Switch then that definitley suggets it's early days.

guiduc said:
Meelow said:

They say:

"We can however confirm the exciting news that we are now working very closely with Nintendo to look to bring Yooka-Laylee to the upcoming Nintendo Switch. We’re looking forward to exploring the opportunity and will have more details to share early next year. 

We’d like to apologise to those affected by this development and offer all Wii U backers the opportunity to move their pledge free-of-charge to any of the versions launching on April 11th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac or Linux) or upgrade to the Nintendo Switch version when we announce further details in 2017. "

So without directly confirming it 100% I'd say offering Wii U backers an upgrade to the Switch version is a 100% confirmation that it is coming to the Switch.