By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yooka-Laylee launches April 11th, Wii U version cancelled, most likely coming to Switch

Wiiuwiiuwiiuwiiu RIP

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Technical difficulties?

Just say you want the Switch business instead of bullshitting us.

Yeah that's some big BS

Why not just say financial reasons? I doubt that that game wouldn't run on WiiU...

After looking at the second half of this trailer, I'm not at all surprised if they did actually struggle to get this running decently on Wii U. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WozEJvr0xeI

That would run on WiiU, thats just an excuse, if Xenoblade X, Bayo2 and the new Zelda can then theres no reason this game cant

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:
"We feel the Wii U is no longer a thriving platform, and are therefore moving development to the more promising Switch." I mean, would that be any less insulting than what they came up with?

It's not insulting at atll. It's real life.

39.99??? WHY?

Indies nowadays are mad entitled man, cancelling games and shit. Charging premium and shit. Releasing ports of mobile games and charging twice as much and shit.

I don't really support indies because most make cheap and crappy games. But their attitudes are horrible sometimes.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
wiiU backers receive their money right? Still sucks and this dev is full of BS, this is why i dont like kickstart. Nintendo fans where the ones spreading the news of this game in the first place and helped them reach the goal.

The devs are scumbags

They are offering refunds plus the ability to change platforms for free, including moving your pledge game to Switch for free.  Doesn't make this a less disrespectful and irresponsible decision.  This doesn't just insult Nintendo fans and damage their image, it harms the entire indie scene.  It's bad enough indie devs have to deal with the stigma brought on by thr sludge from steam but now we have these ex-big wig indies floating down from the heavens, making promises they can't keep, and then breaking them with the most condescending excuses.  It erodes trust, and trust is all some indie devs have.  Not all of us are former Rare devs Playtonic.  If you and your peers destroy backer trust then a ton of talented people who do intend to keep their promises are completely shafted.

KingofTrolls said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
"We feel the Wii U is no longer a thriving platform, and are therefore moving development to the more promising Switch." I mean, would that be any less insulting than what they came up with?

It's not insulting at atll. It's real life.

Thank you! It really wouldn't kill them to make a statement like that. It's more upfront than the juggling they came up with.

RJ_Sizzle said:

Thank you! It really wouldn't kill them to make a statement like that. It's more upfront than the juggling they came up with.

No, it wouldn't kill them. It would absolutely kill them if they would launch YL as a Wii U exclusive.  Do u agree with my POV ?