By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yooka-Laylee launches April 11th, Wii U version cancelled, most likely coming to Switch

BraLoD said:
So it's still coming to the N64 but not for the Wii U?
(I know it's not actually playable on the 64 XP)

Damn... I thought I'd missed out on getting an n64 Yooka-Laylee Box... but then I saw you had to back at £340 or more, JESUS.

I hope someone makes a scan of the thing so I can just make the box myself xD. Would be nice to have on the shelf.

Around the Network

Unsurprising, but terrible. Thought they were putting so much extra love into it by developing it in-house, now this?

I guess when PS4/PC versions have been front-and-centre in them showing it off it should've been the writing on the wall.

As a massive Vita fan, I definitely feel for all the Wii U owners who were looking forward to playing it on that console.

Somebody lost a bet on this one.

Is anyone really surprised by this hell I am expecting this for Bloodstain as well since I seriously doubt they can port UE4 by 2018 by that time only like 5 people will still be playing their Wii U's regularly (I also think the vita version of Bloodstain will be cancelled for basically this reason as well)

Miyamotoo said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Oh, wow, really? Out of all the indie games the WiiU had left, I thought Yooka Laylee would be the one to not get cancelled. The WiiU situation sure is awful. Can we get, at the very least, a retail Switch version?

"We can however confirm the exciting news that we are now working very closely with Nintendo to look to bring Yooka-Laylee to the upcoming Nintendo Switch. We’re looking forward to exploring the opportunity and will have more details to share early next year".

Its sounds almost certain, early next year details screams Nintendo Switch event.

I would be shocked if the obliagtory indie segment of the Switch event didn't mention this is coming to the Switch on the same day as the other versions.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Vodacixi said:
And they realized about this technical issues... now? Like... this thing has been in development for years. And 4 months away from realease they say they can't do it?

It's Project Cars all over again...

Project Cars, Stardew Valley, Hyper Light Drifter, Gone Home, Alien Colonial Marines, Arkham Origins DLC, Road Redemption, Zombie Vikings, 90's Arcade Racer, Metro Last Light, Battlefield 3. And now Yooka Laylee :)

I think that's it

animegaming said:

I would be shocked if the obliagtory indie segment of the Switch event didn't mention this is coming to the Switch on the same day as the other versions.

Or a DAY EARLIER. MEGATON

So sick of companies doing this shit. No longer supporting the company. Gonna buy it used.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

maxleresistant said:

Project Cars, Stardew Valley, Hyper Light Drifter, Gone Home, Alien Colonial Marines, Arkham Origins DLC, Road Redemption, Zombie Vikings, 90's Arcade Racer, Metro Last Light, Battlefield 3. And now Yooka Laylee :)

I think that's it

90's Arcade Racer isn't necessarily cancelled for Wii-U yet.  Since it still hasn't released on any platform lol!

If we're doing the cancelled games list then apparently Crysis 3 was also cancelled for it.  And I don't think it'll be long before we can add Bloodstained to the list.

Meh whatever I ordered the N64 version.