By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - [Update] CIA & FBI Report: Russia did things to help get Trump elected

Slarvax said:

Can we talk about how fucking pathetic the CIA has been?

"We found something about the Clinton emails problem (one week before the election)... lol jk nothing was there"

"Oh yeah, Russians influenced the elections. No, we found out a month later!"

The country has become a laughing stock under Obama. Russia kept invading its neighbours and Obama didn't counter that, so Putin kept pushing more, now they can even influence US politics. Unheard of 20 years ago.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Slarvax said:

Can we talk about how fucking pathetic the CIA has been?

"We found something about the Clinton emails problem (one week before the election)... lol jk nothing was there"

"Oh yeah, Russians influenced the elections. No, we found out a month later!"

The country has become a laughing stock under Obama. Russia kept invading its neighbours and Obama didn't counter that, so Putin kept pushing more, now they can even influence US politics. Unheard of 20 years ago.

Obama did counter it by badly hurting Russia's oil industry with sanctions, Russia has been hurting economically big time for that.  

Russia bought off Trump and the reward for that will be the lifting of those sanctions. Probably a great deal for them, to buy one politican is a relatively small investment compared to the money they were losing on sanctions. It's smart on their part, bribery of course, but smart. 

Russia likely has shit on Trump too, and they will keep that over his head to ensure he does what he promised them. Again, they're smart. 

Soundwave said:
Turkish said:

Obama did counter it by badly hurting Russia's oil industry with sanctions, Russia has been hurting economically big time for that.  

Russia bought off Trump and the reward for that will be the lifting of those sanctions. Probably a great deal for them, to buy one politican is a relatively small thing compared to the money they were losing on sanctions. 

What Obama needed was a hard response. By hurting them economically he actually made Russia far more desperate and dangerous. If America just said "stop here we draw the line" and showed its military might is not the fuck with when they invaded Ukraine and Georgia, Putin wouldn't have gone so far as he did.

bunchanumbers said:
LurkerJ said:

Yup. Although, I don't think you are free of their influence with Trump in power

Nope. Trump will talk with anyone with enough power or money. I wouldn't be shocked in the least if all of a sudden there are some luxury Trump hotels opening up in Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

As long as they are too rich we have a problem. Getting them involved in more expensive wars and pushing for clean energy is a good way to limit their toxicity.

Turkish said:
Soundwave said:

Russia bought off Trump and the reward for that will be the lifting of those sanctions. Probably a great deal for them, to buy one politican is a relatively small thing compared to the money they were losing on sanctions. 

What Obama needed was a hard response. By hurting them economically he actually made Russia far more desperate and dangerous. If America just said "stop here we draw the line" and showed its military might is not the fuck with when they invaded Ukraine and Georgia, Putin wouldn't have gone so far as he did.

First of all, Russia invade Georgia under George W. Bush. Which shows they don't give much of a fuck about who's in office, as Bush is about as militant of a president as you'll get. 

Second, no one in the West is going to war over Crimea. Because that's the only option there, what are you suggesting exactly? "Kinda, sorta" engage 1-on-1 with Russia forces? There is no inbetween, either you are at war with them or you are not and going to war over Crimea would be dumber than the Iraq war. 

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Soundwave said:

Putin would have done it anyway. The only way he wouldn't have is if they had a inevitable massive war that would have killed thousands of people.

Airaku said:

Anonymous

Oh. Okay. I don't really put much stock in the V for Vendetta LARP club.

I also don't see where DeLonge says they edited his emails. I do see where he says they "messed some important stuff up", but that seems to be referring to making his emails public and drawing unwanted attention to him and Podesta playing Mulder and Scully, not to Wikileaks having changed the content. Am I missing something?

Egelo said:

Oh since when was it the russians that flew two airliners into the WTC ???

Give it a few months. As Democrat desperation grows I'm sure they'll uncover something along those lines.

badgenome said:
Airaku said:

Anonymous

Oh. Okay. I don't really put much stock in the V for Vendetta LARP club.

I also don't see where DeLonge says they edited his emails. I do see where he says they "messed some important stuff up", but that seems to be referring to making his emails public and drawing unwanted attention to him and Podesta playing Mulder and Scully, not to Wikileaks having changed the content.

Well if you don't put much stock in Anonymous, then I have zero idea why you even consider Wikileaks a credible source of information since some of their members were responsible for basically kick starting the thing years ago? Just a curious question. Though there does remain the problem with Anonymous is that there's so many posers and wannabe hacks that in a way it is a LARP club for those people lmao! There is no denying that.

Anyways there was a place I read that DeLonge said something about that. Though maybe it was related to that quote. Though "mess some important stuff up" likely was referring to the content. At least that's my interpretation for it. Hmmm if only I can recall where I read him stating that they edited it. Either way it's good to see other people are in the loop with that stuff too. As much as I like that some of this stuff is getting out to the public. It's a dangerous game now that the General's name is public. It makes him a target for speaking out.

Egelo said:
Ljink96 said:
I just don't care anymore.For people saying Hillary got "support" from other nations... THOSE NATIONS WERE NOT OUR FUCKING ENEMIES.

Oh since when was it the russians that flew two airliners into the WTC ???

It wasn't Iraq, for sure.

It happened in 2001 and your president invaded the wrong country as a response. Who pushed for that response? The Saudis, because they saw a good opportunity to get rid of Saddam and they pushed for it.

Whoever your president is, the Saudi will have their claws deep in your politicians. I hope that, for the sake of the planet, Trump is different.