By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - [Update] CIA & FBI Report: Russia did things to help get Trump elected

Soundwave said:
padib said:

Of course they are. They want to control Russia. That's what is causing tension.

Russia is a sovereign nation. If the EU wants to bully them, it's bad news. I prefer that sanctions lift and that tensions reduce, so the west has a better relationship with Russia. That way, Russia can learn from our openness and care-free progressive nature, and evolve from their somewhat antiquated ways of conquest. The best way to win them over is by working more closely with them and building a good relationship. That way we can actually have a positive infulence on them and vice-versa.

Then again, in my book the US has done much more harm in foreign policy and conquest than Russia has, especially in ruining the middle-east.

It somewhat affects me personally because I am half middle-eastern and it affects my everyday life, because people sometimes look at me and think "TERRORIST!!!!" (think Harold and Kumar lol). You'll ask "how do you know what they're thinking?" Well because sometimes they end up verbalizing it... I have stories.

Not that the US is an angel, but neither is Russia. No European country is threatening Russia's sovereignty.  Russia is the one that's moved into Georgia and Ukraine, which are sovereign countries. Pretty sure the fall of the Soviet Union happened, but they continue to act aggressively towards their former Soviet blocs, like a divorced husband who shows up to his ex-wife's work thinking he can boss her around. 

US and NATO attacked Serbia annexing Kosovo from Serbia, creating a precedent in Europe (No sanctions against the US was put in place that I know of), Russia felt justified in doing the same in Crimea 

Around the Network
padib said:
ReimTime said:

More like they are buddying up in the hopes of having sanctions lifted.

As for it being good for the entire planet, EU seems pretty afraid of Trump easing up on Russia

Of course they are. They want to control Russia. That's what is causing tension.

Russia is a sovereign nation. If the EU wants to bully them, it's bad news. I prefer that sanctions lift and that tensions reduce, so the west has a better relationship with Russia. That way, Russia can learn from our openness and care-free progressive nature, and evolve from their somewhat antiquated ways of conquest. The best way to win them over is by working more closely with them and building a good relationship. That way we can actually have a positive infulence on them and vice-versa.

Then again, in my book the US has done much more harm in foreign policy and conquest than Russia has, especially in ruining the middle-east.

It somewhat affects me personally because I am half middle-eastern and it affects my everyday life, because people sometimes look at me and think "TERRORIST!!!!" (think Harold and Kumar lol). You'll ask "how do you know what they're thinking?" Well because sometimes they end up verbalizing it... I have stories.

When you are supporting Trump who uses the blatant anti-Muslim rhetoric, you have no right to complain.

padib said:
Russia wanted to avoid a 3rd world war, so they helped get Trump elected. It was a good move.

Better US-Russia relations = good thing for the entire planet.

Exactly, but the liberal are too far up their ass to realize that. If Clinton would have been elected, she would continue Obama’s policies helping Saudi Arabia to push war on Syria. Trump is no saint, but he’s definitely better then Killary.

This is gonna be Obama's legacy. He has push war on Syria, destabilize Libya and Egypt, and now he want's to push war on Russia. He's nothing but a piece of shit warmonger the same as the Bush family.

ratuscafoarterea said:
This is gonna be Obama's legacy. He has push war on Syria, destabilize Libya and Egypt, and now he want's to push war on Russia. He's nothing but a piece of shit warmonger the same as the Bush family.

Agreed.

Having linguistic skills of a lawyer Vs those of an infant (Bush) doesn't make you a good guy, though to be fair it did fool most people for 5 years.