By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft lying again, ''HDR only on Xbox One S this Holidays''

GarlandSteve74 said:

Chill out guys.

Sony is just as guilty of misleading advertisments:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2015/03/ftc-approves-final-orders-related-false-advertising-sony-computer

Not entirely sure what they got done for. I get the Twitter stuff but did they get done for saying the Vita was a 'game changer'. Extremely harsh when you see articles from MS with titles that lie and MS using images that falsely represented the 40% smaller Xbox one S.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
hunter_alien said:
Why does it matter? They are slaughtered in the console war, and they are as irrelevant in the console space as they were 15 years ago. Let them have this, sales obviously show who the consumers support

More than 20 million customers are now irrelevant. Amazing attitude in a gaming enthusiasts forum to have.

Meh, software sales are more than 2:1, and the gap will widen. In sheer numbers its obvious that MS is irrelevant this gen. They did not manage to pour out anything groundbreaking and probably wont. Their software support is mediocre at best and they rely entirely on mostly inferior 3rd party games. So yeah, they are as irrelevant in the big picture as you get. I can guarantee you that in 10 years from now nobody will remember it as one of their favorite console, or even as their favorite MS console...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
walsufnir said:

More than 20 million customers are now irrelevant. Amazing attitude in a gaming enthusiasts forum to have.

Meh, software sales are more than 2:1, and the gap will widen. In sheer numbers its obvious that MS is irrelevant this gen. They did not manage to pour out anything groundbreaking and probably wont. Their software support is mediocre at best and they rely entirely on mostly inferior 3rd party games. So yeah, they are as irrelevant in the big picture as you get. I can guarantee you that in 10 years from now nobody will remember it as one of their favorite console, or even as their favorite MS console...

Besides your assumptions between sales ratio and your subjective personal view of anythign being "ground-breaking" I disagree with, there is not really much to talk about.

Also be cautios with words like "nobody" because there are already people who love the console for having bc and some exclusives, which could be shocking to you, prefer the games MS offers over the games Sony offers in terms of exclusives.

walsufnir said:
hunter_alien said:

Besides your assumptions between sales ratio and your subjective personal view of anythign being "ground-breaking" I disagree with, there is not really much to talk about.

Also be cautios with words like "nobody" because there are already people who love the console for having bc and some exclusives, which could be shocking to you, prefer the games MS offers over the games Sony offers in terms of exclusives.

No I wont be cautious. I am sick and tired of being politically correct on sales forums, just so I wont offend that 1% who actually disagrees with me. Sales and reviews speek for themselves. I am pretty much certain about what I wrote and stand by it. MS made a good piece of hardware that is barely utilized from exclusives point of view. Simply creating sequals for franchises that were relevant 10 years ago wont cut it anymore. The industry has moved on and everything that they do simply feel like the "mee too" tactic. And tactis it is, as there seems to be no real startegy whatsoever behind Microsofts Xbox department.

Again, I wont start listing anything as I know that you are a regular, so I dont feel the need to do so. If you want to further nitcpick on technicalities of how I word my ideas, feel free, at the end of the day I am pretty much spot on. The Xbox brand that actually pushed the gaming industry forward is dead currently, and doubt that a stornger system, or games like Crackdown 3 will change that.

It's abundantly obvious that the article is making reference to the fact the Xbox One S is the only console that has all three of those features as a package.

Now go and be happy and enjoy your gaming. :)

Around the Network

The only console with Halo & Grand Theft Auto!

There's so many crazy misleading statements they can make that way!

hunter_alien said:
walsufnir said:

No I wont be cautious. I am sick and tired of being politically correct on sales forums, just so I wont offend that 1% who actually disagrees with me. Sales and reviews speek for themselves. I am pretty much certain about what I wrote and stand by it. MS made a good piece of hardware that is barely utilized from exclusives point of view. Simply creating sequals for franchises that were relevant 10 years ago wont cut it anymore. The industry has moved on and everything that they do simply feel like the "mee too" tactic. And tactis it is, as there seems to be no real startegy whatsoever behind Microsofts Xbox department.

Again, I wont start listing anything as I know that you are a regular, so I dont feel the need to do so. If you want to further nitcpick on technicalities of how I word my ideas, feel free, at the end of the day I am pretty much spot on. The Xbox brand that actually pushed the gaming industry forward is dead currently, and doubt that a stornger system, or games like Crackdown 3 will change that.

At the end of the day, many support your attitude but still a lot of people bought and buy Xbox and no one cares for your attitude when they go into a shop and buy the bone. You can tell everyone that they are buying the wrong console, of course, but they won't care, for good reasons.

You are spot on, you think? Fine. But this is reassuring yourself and not based on anything that can be agreed on objectively and in masses.

How do you delete a post? It's already been addressed

Faelco said:
Bandorr said:

I assumed it was going to be the "only one with 4k blu-ray, HDR" statement.
"This holiday, the new Xbox One S is the only console with 4K Blu-ray, 4K video streaming, and High Dynamic Range color support. "

Yep that is what it is.

"Experience Gaming in HDR This Holiday only on Xbox one S" is certainly not true though. It is just a poor article heading.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/12/07/experience-gaming-in-hdr-this-holiday-on-xbox-one-s/
link for those that don't want to watch the video.

Usual MS PR, we can't expect anything else... 

Sony should do a commercial with "PS4 is the only console with Final Fantasy 15, Mass Effect Andromeda, Read Dead Redemption 2, Kingdom Hearts 3 and The Last Guardian". It's correct that way, right? 

I actually think both Sony and Microsoft have done ads exactly like that. Only sometimes they put "exclusive" in small letters. People got mad about that kind of thing during the sixth gen because they made it look like certain games were only on one platform. Now, it's common practice.

walsufnir said:
hunter_alien said:

At the end of the day, many support your attitude but still a lot of people bought and buy Xbox and no one cares for your attitude when they go into a shop and buy the bone. You can tell everyone that they are buying the wrong console, of course, but they won't care, for good reasons.

You are spot on, you think? Fine. But this is reassuring yourself and not based on anything that can be agreed on objectively and in masses.

I am a hungarian yet still believe that you do not know the meaning of the words that you use? Many? No, not many, but the wast majority. In masse? Yes I trully think we can call that when you are outselling your closest competitor 2:1. Not based on anything? Have you been to the main page of this exact site we are on? Have you seen the level of interest the PS brand generates on major tech and gaming? Have you seen just how badly the Xbox brand is doing on a global scvale when it comes down to brand recognition?

Lets not insult each other anymore, I think we all know these facts and its needless to bring them up every time.