By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft lying again, ''HDR only on Xbox One S this Holidays''

Ruler said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb3TZzlwKK4

I am really tired about these lies from MS, first they claim Scorpio will be the only console which will do 4K and VR and now they deceive people how the Xbox One S is the only console having HDR.  Its not lie per se but they know what they are doing in order to deceive people.

Dont worry about this. Its not gonna matter to you nor affect the PS4. Its all about the games after all. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
vivster said:
I miss the time a few weeks ago when console people didn't know that HDR existed.

I miss the time when gaming to everyone was all about sprites. Now we have PC folk talking about shaders, tesselation, AA, AF, AOglobal illumination, 4k, 8k, supersam...... yh you get the idea. 

binary solo said:
Where is this article originally posted? What's this Xbox Wire thing? Technically if it promoting One S to the xbox audience then the headline is true right? If you are a Xbox gamer then the only console you can play on with HDR is the One S. Xb one og doesn't have HDR capability right?

If it's a promotion to gamers in general, then it is misleading.

I still scratch my head at PS4 not having 4K movie play back.

This! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Ruler said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb3TZzlwKK4

I am really tired about these lies from MS, first they claim Scorpio will be the only console which will do 4K and VR and now they deceive people how the Xbox One S is the only console having HDR.  Its not lie per se but they know what they are doing in order to deceive people.

Dont worry about this. Its not gonna matter to you nor affect the PS4. Its all about the games after all. 

Why shouldn't people call big companies on their bullshit? My day is the same either way, but it's worth noting at least.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I think they meant it is the only console with those 3 things, but I bet they make it in a way which can be misinterpreted on purpose

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Jranation said:

Why shouldn't people call big companies on their bullshit? My day is the same either way, but it's worth noting at least.

From Ruler's post it seems that he or she is stressing out from this. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Well, if nothing else, it's nice to see that the fervor with which we accuse people of lying has carried over from the presidential race into another facet of our lives...

Gamers are so emotional and overreacting... that's the sad part. MS will advertise Xbox nothing else. Between Xbox One and Xbox One S only one of them will have HDR and 4K.

I see a lot of the "offended" as people that know nothing about advertising and are easily offended when "their" side isn't the one being praised. Are people "triggered" by these ads now? Hilarious reactions!

Much ado about nothing.

GarlandSteve74 said:

Chill out guys.

Sony is just as guilty of misleading advertisments:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2015/03/ftc-approves-final-orders-related-false-advertising-sony-computer

So that makes this okay? There are good points to talk up with Xbox without having to use misleading headlines.