By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft lying again, ''HDR only on Xbox One S this Holidays''

I miss the time a few weeks ago when console people didn't know that HDR existed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
GarlandSteve74 said:

Chill out guys.

Sony is just as guilty of misleading advertisments:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2015/03/ftc-approves-final-orders-related-false-advertising-sony-computer

"As part of its launch campaign for the PS Vita, Sony claimed that the pocket-sized console would revolutionize gaming mobility by enabling consumers to play their PlayStation 3 games via “remote play,” and that they could engage in “cross platform” play by starting a game on a PS3 and then continuing it on the go, right where they left off, on a PS Vita. The FTC alleges that each of these claims was misleading."

Busted! Bad Sony!

GRAB YER PITCHFORKS EVERYONE!

⎯⎯∈ ⎯⎯∈ ⎯⎯∈ ⎯⎯∈

#1 Amb-ass-ador

cmay227 said:

MS knows, but that's didn't mean the public should have some responsibility. 

I edited it slightly because it came over a little blunt.

Whether the public should take some responsibility or not, this is out right deception.

The PS5 Exists. 

Where is this article originally posted? What's this Xbox Wire thing? Technically if it promoting One S to the xbox audience then the headline is true right? If you are a Xbox gamer then the only console you can play on with HDR is the One S. Xb one og doesn't have HDR capability right?

If it's a promotion to gamers in general, then it is misleading.

I still scratch my head at PS4 not having 4K movie play back.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

vivster said:
I miss the time a few weeks ago when console people didn't know that HDR existed.

I miss the times when 4k wasn't "important". I mean last year and the years before that, 4K on PC wasn't a thing to talk about, suddenly faux 4k and talk of half native is somehow a thing to constantly go on about. Meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking of looking into 1440p next year to last me a few.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
cmay227 said:

If people are stupid enough to just go off a headline and run with i, then that's just a pathetic state the world is in. If i label a article and post "Women swallows world's biggest cock"  yet it's about a giant rooster she ate. It"s not my fault people are stupid.

Ah so you are one of those people that take no responability for their actions and blame it on the the other people.

It is absolutely your job as the reporter to ACCURATELY report things. It is 100% your fault when you intentionally mislead, and misrepresent things.

Seeing what kind of person you are though, I can clearly see how this conversation will go - so feel free to not respond since I will in turn not be reading or replying to anyting you have to say further.

Good don't give a shit if you read this or not. Now a days it's everyone else's fault society. Eat a dick and die. That's what those type of people should do. I figure you one of those people.

Chazore said:
vivster said:

I miss the times when 4k wasn't "important". I mean last year and the years before that, 4K on PC wasn't a thing to talk about, suddenly faux 4k and talk of half native is somehow a thing to constantly go on about. Meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking of looking into 1440p next year to last me a few.

And while peasants marvel in resolution and HDR, real gamers treat their eye cancer with rock solid 60 fps and above.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

"HDR, only on XBOX One S" - Microsoft
"I'll make America great again!" Donald Tromp
"I'm 6'0 tall" - the Tinder profile of every dude here

Yo you can't pick and choose what to get mad about. We all lie a little when we want something

#1 Amb-ass-ador

It's right there in the article:

"This holiday, the new Xbox One S is the only console with 4K Blu-ray, 4K video streaming, and High Dynamic Range color support."

Also, its posted on the Xbox Wire, so one can easily just say they are referring to their own products in the title
Not that it matters, because clarity is IIRC literally the first sentence, lol.

Do people really make YT channels just to bitch about this type of stuff? Is this guy the Sony version of this "Crapgamer" that PlayStation guys here follow?

Oh geez. Another iffy move. More flim-flam. Of course it's Microsoft again. Because of course it is.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."