By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 50 million PS4s sold-through as of 6th December 2016, Black Friday week in the history of PlayStation

JRPGfan said:
yaskar69 said:

Microsoft missed this generation...

Xbox one is selling worse than Xbox 360.

We thought with the launch from halo 6 the console would sold better but currently we are seeing that Sony is destroying Microsoft easy.

Microsoft was wrong with her policy since the begining.

And now he hardly try to get the first position but sony finish off them.  Nintendo and Microsoft have been stroken harder than they have never been.

I miss the big period from xbox 360.....

Mistakes are how you learn.  Microsoft have done alot to turn things around.

Next generation "Xbox Two" vs "playstation 5", microsoft probably wont make those same mistakes again.

You'd think the original stigma Microsoft created for thmeselves would all be gone because of the recent amends they tried to make.  But if the PS4 ends on such a high note which might help hype the PS5, I wonder if this will put the next Xbox in such a huge shadow.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

lol such dirty thoughts are crossing my mind!!

aLkaLiNE said:
tak13 said:

lol Actually, I knew when it was but I was reading september and I puzzled over, because I wasn't remembering any windows 10 event in september...

There is a problem though, xbox1 hasn't reached 14m sold in the USA as of october... http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42673/USA/

And the image depicts a different stage than that where the october W10 event were held...

Suspcious! Could it be from a previous event and the 22m figure represent shipments?

Also, why isn't saying xb1 audience but says simply xbox instead... ?

Beats me man I have done zero verification on that slide or the context surrounding it. Some random user was the first to link it to this site and since then I've seen people start to reference those numbers as fact but the truth is I don't think anyone here has proved it one way or another.

Also Also, the sales figures on vgc are inaccurate including what they have for the USA. So you might see a general correlation but it's easily possible for xb1 to be over or under tracked still. If someone can cite the slide it would probably go a long way as far as getting everyone on the same page for where we can predict current sell in for Xbox.

So you want npd numbers?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=219413

12.40m as of july...

Aug-Sept-Oct 300k on average, equals 13m...

Kerotan said:

Lol at the Wii U hitting 22 million.

Around the Network

What does best period mean? Can I get an interval here?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

I assume them saying Black Friday Week is the best period ever, means best week ever.

potato_hamster said:
Kerotan said:

Lol at the Wii U hitting 22 million.

Move along please.  Nothing to see here xD

vivster said:

I guess it means that in the week of blavk friday or that holiday week ut sold more consoles then any PS console ever before during black Friday. 

This at the very least means it did better this November than it did last november. 

WOW!!! That's a lot of consoles! Congrats to Sony and the PS4!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23