By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 50 million PS4s sold-through as of 6th December 2016, Black Friday week in the history of PlayStation

I bet they're a bit disappointed this didn't happen 4 days ago so they could announce it at PSX...just a tiny bit, though. 

Around the Network
yaskar69 said:

Microsoft missed this generation...

Xbox one is selling worse than Xbox 360.

We thought with the launch from halo 6 the console would sold better but currently we are seeing that Sony is destroying Microsoft easy.

Microsoft was wrong with her policy since the begining.

And now he hardly try to get the first position but sony finish off them.  Nintendo and Microsoft have been stroken harder than they have never been.

I miss the big period from xbox 360.....

Mistakes are how you learn.  Microsoft have done alot to turn things around.

Next generation "Xbox Two" vs "playstation 5", microsoft probably wont make those same mistakes again.

poklane said:

Software sales are now at 369.6million games sold across retail and digital http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-sales-pass-50-million-units-worldwide/1100-6446051/

Attach ratio of 7.392:1

Nice.  But I must say, I just received my Pro just yesterday, and I had aquired 14 physical games before then.  Just helping the cause.

tak13 said:
aLkaLiNE said:

At the end of October lol to clarify, the event itself was October 26th so sales could be accounted for up to any point in time before then. I don't remember if the slide denoted it but I'm guessing sales were relatively up to date at that time (as in, this 22 million includes up to September 2016, maybe part of October? Idk)

lol Actually, I knew when it was but I was reading september and I puzzled over, because I wasn't remembering any windows 10 event in september...

There is a problem though, xbox1 hasn't reached 14m sold in the USA as of october... http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42673/USA/

And the image depicts a different stage than that where the october W10 event were held...

Suspcious! Could it be from a previous event and the 22m figure represent shipments?

Also, why isn't saying xb1 audience but says simply xbox instead... ?

Beats me man I have done zero verification on that slide or the context surrounding it. Some random user was the first to link it to this site and since then I've seen people start to reference those numbers as fact but the truth is I don't think anyone here has proved it one way or another.

Also Also, the sales figures on vgc are inaccurate including what they have for the USA. So you might see a general correlation but it's easily possible for xb1 to be over or under tracked still. If someone can cite the slide it would probably go a long way as far as getting everyone on the same page for where we can predict current sell in for Xbox.

I don't think they can get to 100 million unless it's a seven year gen, but sales should be great next year too.

Next year: good, potentially great, exclusive lineup, price cut for the Pro, marketing rights to Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, Cod and Red Dead 2

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
man that is a lot of PS4's. there is still Christmas to come. still 3 weeks in december. i wonder how much they will sell during that time frame. is the 60 million shipped mark by end of march still reachable?

And the cool thing when you think about it is that the PS4 seemingly has a very low failure rate.  I've hardly heard anyone having to return hardware based on failure in contrast to last gen.

JRPGfan said:
potato_hamster said:

The PS4 typically does 4-5 million in December alone, so it could be 54-55 million by year's end.

Its at 50m sold through to costumers.... as of dec 6th.

Its gonna be over 53m by the beginning of 2017, Potato Hamster is right.

I don't know. It did 5.7 million between November 22nd and January 3rd last year.

That was in 42 days and included black Friday week. This year the PS4 has less than 30 days and doesn't have black Friday week.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

xl-klaudkil said:
Holy shit!!!

Is this what happens when Jesus takes a dump? 

teigaga said:

the $249 Black Friday 2017 will be delicious.

With this rate of growing mindshare and to potential of what you're saying, I wonder how it's going to affect Scorpio sales?

Normchacho said:
JRPGfan said:

Its at 50m sold through to costumers.... as of dec 6th.

Its gonna be over 53m by the beginning of 2017, Potato Hamster is right.

I don't know. It did 5.7 million between November 22nd and January 3rd last year.

That was in 42 days and included black Friday week. This year the PS4 has less than 30 days and doesn't have black Friday week.

It's doing better this year than last, so 3 million should be doable. The weeks from Dec. 11 to the 24th should easily do over a million each, so 53 million is very likely. 55 might be a stretch, though.