By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 50 million PS4s sold-through as of 6th December 2016, Black Friday week in the history of PlayStation

taken from Neogaf:

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2016/161207b.html

Around the Network
Barkley said:
poklane said:

Software sales are now at 369.6million games sold across retail and digital http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-sales-pass-50-million-units-worldwide/1100-6446051/

Attach ratio of 7.392:1

So using vgchartz and making a very rough estimate around 18-20% of game sales on PS4 are digital.

PS4 really is a software machine, the 3DS that's been out 3 years longer and still has a higher installbase has been eclipsed by PS4 in terms of software sales already.

Kind of, PS2 had more than 1.5 billion software sales.

Software sales on May 22nd: 270.9million
Software sales on December 4th: 369.million 
99 million games on PS4 sold in less than 7 months.

If theres 50m PS4 owners (sold to consumers), how many do you guys think Sony has shipped?
Are we looking at like 54m shipped? or something like that?

aLkaLiNE said:
tak13 said:

When was the windows 10 event?

At the end of October lol to clarify, the event itself was October 26th so sales could be accounted for up to any point in time before then. I don't remember if the slide denoted it but I'm guessing sales were relatively up to date at that time (as in, this 22 million includes up to September 2016, maybe part of October? Idk)

lol Actually, I knew when it was but I was reading september and I puzzled over, because I wasn't remembering any windows 10 event in september...

There is a problem though, xbox1 hasn't reached 14m sold in the USA as of october... http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42673/USA/

And the image depicts a different stage than that where the october W10 event were held...

Suspcious! Could it be from a previous event and the 22m figure represent shipments?

Also, why isn't saying xb1 audience but says simply xbox instead... ?

Around the Network

I think 55-56 million is possible to end the year.

JRPGfan said:
If theres 50m PS4 owners (sold to consumers), how many do you guys think Sony has shipped?
Are we looking at like 54m shipped? or something like that?

Considering it's the holiday season, it could be 3-4 million more than they've sold so far, so yeah, close to that, probably. 

Microsoft missed this generation...

Xbox one is selling worse than Xbox 360.

We thought with the launch from halo 6 the console would sold better but currently we are seeing that Sony is destroying Microsoft easy.

Microsoft was wrong with her policy since the begining.

And now he hardly try to get the first position but sony finish off them.  Nintendo and Microsoft have been stroken harder than they have never been.

I miss the big period from xbox 360.....

yaskar69 said:

We thought with the launch from halo 6 the console would sold better but currently we are seeing that Sony is destroying Microsoft easy.

TIME TRAVELERS ARE REAL

PS4 won Black Friday confirmed?