By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 50 million PS4s sold-through as of 6th December 2016, Black Friday week in the history of PlayStation

JRPGfan said:
celador said:

even funnier now the NPD results are in

Worse is supposedly PS4 took cyber monday pretty handily..... should give them a edge for december NPD.

"counting your chickens before they hatch"  they probably just assumed Xbox One would take nov+dec.

HA HA HA HA

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
celador said:

great attach ratio if it doesn't include PS Plus games

If it did unless people are crazy that doesn't down load the 2 games a month for free the attach ratio would be over 20:1

tak13 said:

lol Actually, I knew when it was but I was reading september and I puzzled over, because I wasn't remembering any windows 10 event in september...

There is a problem though, xbox1 hasn't reached 14m sold in the USA as of october... http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42673/USA/

And the image depicts a different stage than that where the october W10 event were held...

Suspcious! Could it be from a previous event and the 22m figure represent shipments?

Also, why isn't saying xb1 audience but says simply xbox instead... ?

They are probably talking about active accounts on Xbox One.

JRPGfan said:

Guys dont you know..... PS4 is dead, it died this year!

http://www.icxm.net/x/xbox-one-dominated-2016-death-of-playstation.html

"Sony also announced a slimmer version of their console but it was too little too late. The consecutive announcement of both the Pro and the Slim pro-actively killed interest in any product from Sony."
- icxm

"For Sony, however, this was pretty bad news. The Sony PlayStation 4 Pro launched with pretty tepid enthusiasm amongst gamers, with Xbox dominating Black Friday thanks to several spectacular sales."
- icxm

"It’s pretty clear, and Microsoft is on point when they say that 2016 was a turning point for Xbox. With blockbuster releases and hardware that won’t stay on shelves for more than 5 minutes along with the gangbuster announcement that Microsoft will take the power crown next year. Xbox clearly won 2016, and 2017 will be a very important year for them to see if they can keep the momentum going. Sony, on the other hand, needs to really pull their socks up since their ‘free pass’ can only last so long before the reality distortion field disappears and gamers realize that they have been led astray with broken promises and cash grabs. " - icxm

Lmao.... wow... that site is pretty Pro Xbox :)

Which very informative site is this one?

Barkley said:

I'm pretty sure that they have announced shipped numbers for ps4 in the past. As for how many they have shipped now... they forecast that they'd ship 60 million ps4's by the end of march if that's any indication.

Edit: Yeah they announced 47.4 Million Shipped by September 30th.

They have, every finnacial report have shipped units and revenue.

CGI-Quality said:

globally in US or globally in the world?

And I'm itching to report a picture only post =p

Rafie said:

It's not really deceptive. They really were the "best selling" console in the last 4 months. Best selling means for that time being. Just like a new Harry Potter book would be the best selling book at that time. Not the best selling of all time. Xbox makes those PR statements at NPD where only North America is counted. It's unfair to bring the other countries in IF we're only discussing NPD. It's not deceptive at all.

A book and a console is very different world... saying a product is the best seller on a movie or car or anything similar is talking about the direct competitors that in the case of movies, car, books, etc is generally in the spaw of a month to a year so there aren't caveats. On consoles we are talking about products that go on for almost a decade head to head so yes saying best selling pretending LT but only meaning a set date is misleading even more when it's talking about only one region. In the past when MS were being more transparent they would only put they won the NPD of that month. You do know MS is trying their best to push a narrative.

Intrinsic said:

its most likely gonna be vega20/navi. Tjose are gonna be on a 7nm process. The next gen consoles have to have GPUs with at least 10-12TF to have any kinda meaningful upgrade over the PS4pro/Scorpio. 

Forget that whole half floats thing. And the PS4pro or even the scorpio aremt going to be competing with anything cause their libraries are identical to those on hardware that was released in 2013. Those machines just offer upgraded experiences, not new ones. 

Yep... considering PS4Pro being 4+ and Scorpio 6+ anything bellow 10TF would be meaningless as console new gen. Sony and MS could make PS4Pro+ with 8-10TF and MS Scorpio+ with 10-12TF, but PS5 or Scorpio2 won't make sense.

JRPGfan said:

Its a 600 Gflops machine when docked (less when not).

And most people really arnt complaining about its power, their hyped about Zelda & mario.

Just wait it launch and get bad 3rd part support and you'll see a lot of complains.

My versions of what is this, are these:  1st it's about shipments, 2nd Windows 10  xbox live users, 3rd photoshop...

Does xbox one supports multiple accounts? I say that because there are not 14m xbox one in the USA as of october!

P.S

Multi-quoting different members isn't so functional Mr Don...

Barkley said:
Intrinsic said:

4K60fps would be possible with GPUs with around 16TF acroos eveey kimda game imaginable. in a console set up they could probably accomplish that with 12TF. But of course things like the CPU, memory bandwidth...etc also have to be on point though. 

I think people underestimate how far graphics can still go, and how much power it'll take to get there, there's still a massive jump in Graphics Possible... Look at this for an example.

https://youtu.be/gTb7k9pCQTo?t=6m57s

What would be the requirements to run this in real time? In 4k 60fps? I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure it'd be a lot higher than 16TF.

That looks really fake actually. I guess we're entering the uncanny valley for environments. The trees look pretty bad in that video while TLG does a really great job of selling the slightly more stylized trees. It's all too clean and regular looking. Yet maybe I should dust more often and clean up the kid's mess :)

tak13 said:

Does xbox one supports multiple accounts? I say that because there are not 14m xbox one in the USA as of october!

Yes. It would have to be shipped.

tak13 said:
DonFerrari said:

If it did unless people are crazy that doesn't down load the 2 games a month for free the attach ratio would be over 20:1

They are probably talking about active accounts on Xbox One.

Which very informative site is this one?

They have, every finnacial report have shipped units and revenue.

globally in US or globally in the world?

And I'm itching to report a picture only post =p

A book and a console is very different world... saying a product is the best seller on a movie or car or anything similar is talking about the direct competitors that in the case of movies, car, books, etc is generally in the spaw of a month to a year so there aren't caveats. On consoles we are talking about products that go on for almost a decade head to head so yes saying best selling pretending LT but only meaning a set date is misleading even more when it's talking about only one region. In the past when MS were being more transparent they would only put they won the NPD of that month. You do know MS is trying their best to push a narrative.

Yep... considering PS4Pro being 4+ and Scorpio 6+ anything bellow 10TF would be meaningless as console new gen. Sony and MS could make PS4Pro+ with 8-10TF and MS Scorpio+ with 10-12TF, but PS5 or Scorpio2 won't make sense.

Just wait it launch and get bad 3rd part support and you'll see a lot of complains.

My versions of what is this, are these:  1st it's about shipments, 2nd Windows 10  xbox live users, 3rd photoshop...

P.S

Your theory is valid as well. We can't for sure decide what is more close to reality.

Isn't very pratical to multi-quote, but more than 3 separate posts would be against the rules, sorry for the inconvinience. And Don already susbstitutes Mr.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
tak13 said:

P.S

Your theory is valid as well. We can't for sure decide what is more close to reality.

Isn't very pratical to multi-quote, but more than 3 separate posts would be against the rules, sorry for the inconvinience. And Don already susbstitutes Mr.

I should have guessed that it's the spanish word for mister! :) I was thinking that don was short for Donaldo! heheh

tak13 said:
DonFerrari said:

I should have guessed that it's the spanish word for mister! :) I was thinking that don was short for Donaldo! heheh

No Donaldo... My name is Felipe =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

At this point and rate, 90+ million is pretty much guaranteed and crossing 100 Million isn't impossible looking at the softwares attach ratio. Not to mention the exclusive line up that is going to contribute every phase starting with 2017. Well done, Sony!

GameAnalyser said:
At this point and rate, 90+ million is pretty much guaranteed and crossing 100 Million isn't impossible looking at the softwares attach ratio. Not to mention the exclusive line up that is going to contribute every phase starting with 2017. Well done, Sony!

The really important thing is that there are three games that have not yet been released. GTA6, RDR2 and to an arguable extennt GTS/GT7.

If RDR2 and GTA6 are tied to playstaion (of which there are indications that they maybe considering there were GTA5 PS4 bundles) that would take PS4 adoption through the stratosphere. 

Intrinsic said:
GameAnalyser said:

The really important thing is that there are three games that have not yet been released. GTA6, RDR2 and to an arguable extennt GTS/GT7.

If RDR2 and GTA6 are tied to playstaion (of which there are indications that they maybe considering there were GTA5 PS4 bundles) that would take PS4 adoption through the stratosphere. 

Why? Don't you think that most of the playstation GTA audience is already on PS4 thanks to GTA5 remaster, given the sales of the remaster?