By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last Guardian Review Thread - Meta: 84

Looks like I didn't compensate my score prediction enough for today's focus on specs while reviewing games. Kinda funny that games like oot are still held in high regard, yet if you dare bring out a game that plays like it, you will be slated for it! Not that 83 is bad at all, and it seems reviewers are agreeing that it lives up ICO and SotC.

What's even more disappointing after checking a few reviews, no one seems to even mention the music. Does everyone nowadyas play games with their nose on top of the screen counting pixels with the sound off???

Sounds great.

One more day!

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
3 of the high scores are from PlayStation sites. PlayStation Universe (9) LaPS4 (9) and PlayStation Life Style (10) Hmmmm

There are 20 scores that are 90+, so three is hardly a big deal and clearly not outrageous scores for the general consensus of the game.

If they do it for Knack 2, then you might have a point

Azzanation said:
3 of the high scores are from PlayStation sites. PlayStation Universe (9) LaPS4 (9) and PlayStation Life Style (10) Hmmmm

But you lose.  

Bad camera bad controls and bad AI dont bother me at all. If the heart of the game is still there then i dont care. gonna buy this and enjoy the hell outa it.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Azzanation said:

But you lose.  

oh do i?

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

But you lose.  

oh do i?

Did you forgot your prediction ? 

Nymeria said:
Interesting how "PS2 Game" is used as a pejorative in some of these reviews. I don't think games have seen a linear progression in quality. Rather, design choices that often split fans as hear often complaints about "modern games" specifically in regards to low difficulty and hand holding.

Indeed. I read the first 2 paragraphs of the Eurogamer review. Unresponsive is part of the gameplay.
I didn't read more, it was already too spoilerish for me. Yet that's exactly what I was expecting.

I'll see for myself tomorrow. I won't be rushing through either.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Azzanation said:

oh do i?

Did you forgot your prediction ? 

Hmm i guessed a 77, and theres still more reviews on its way. Hasnt recieved its troll reviews yet. I am sure a 2 or a 4 is on its way. 

Also you might want to look at Gregs twitter

https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy

Azzanation said:

Hmm i guessed a 77, and theres still more reviews on its way.

You also said Uncharted 4 would drop to 88 by the time all the reviews came in. The score has enough reviews now, it's not moving anymore than 2 points at a push. You continually underestimate reviews for PS Exclusives!

The complaints about archaic controls kind of show that the game was supposed to be released AGES ago XD.

But in all seriousness sad that the game didnt got the praise i thought it would get but at least it aint a bad game either.