Forums - Politics Discussion - Why Trump supporters stand by debunked claim

deskpro2k3 said:

Here is how voting works folks, for those that don't know.
You have to be registered in order to vote, and in order to register you must be a citizen.

You dont think illegals are finding ways to vote?

The 3 million figure is unproven and likely false. But you really dont think illegals are voting?

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

You have to be registered in order to vote, and in order to register you must be a citizen.

The 3 million figure is unproven and likely false. But you really dont think illegals are voting?

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

let me get back to you later, I need to check what Facebook says.

deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Fair enough, its evident you believe illegals are voting. That's a valid concern.

The lady just shouldnt have given the 3 million figure.

Recently Completed
Gears 5

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I don't really see the strong appeal to want to vote illegally. If you get caught there could be serious consequences. Besides most "illegals" are probably in states that are going to be blue or red no matter what. 

There's not a ton of illegal Mexican workers in a state like Ohio. California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas sure, but those states are not exactly swing states with the exception of Nevada. 

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I mean there's a frightening amount of these kind of people who don't fact check and easily believe in absurd notions. That's simply something that Trump's campaign took more advantage of. Of course not all of his supporters fall into that category.
On top of that there are just other scary things in general. Check out what appeared on a ballot in South Carolina.

http://mashable.com/2014/11/06/south-carolina-racist-exit-poll/#X33233phukqt
http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/blacks-getting-too-demanding-exit-poll-asks-voters/
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/07/sc-exit-polls-asks-if-blacks-are-too-demanding-over-equal-righ/21600340/

How is this a question in 2016?
If a minority group are still pushing for equal rights, that means they don't feel they have equal rights.

I'm not joking when I say that my view on humanity changed a bit during the past few years, for many reasons.
I always knew these things were around us, but it seems a lot more common than I ever imagined.

Just want to clearify that it was an exit poll.  Not on an actual votable ballot.  

When I first read your post I was personally shocked to think it could be on a ballot and was glad to find it wasn't.

My Real Redneck friends

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Fair enough, its evident you believe illegals are voting. That's a valid concern.

I didn't give an answer, but lets get serious.

Undocumented immigrants have been allowed to vote in some local elections but for no office higher than town council.  

The only way a person can vote twice or more on the same day is if they do what Ann Coulter did. Register to vote in more than one voting district and don’t get caught.

deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I didn't give an answer, but lets get serious.

Undocumented immigrants have been allowed to vote in some local elections but for no office higher than town council.  

The only way a person can vote twice or more on the same day is if they do what Ann Coulter did. Register to vote in more than one voting district and don’t get caught.

She also got caught multiple times attempting to register. There is no way that 3 million illegal immigrants did this and didn't get caught.

Hiku said:
aLkaLiNE said:
Now let's just generalize the rest of his supporters as that exact kind of person please.

I mean there's a frightening amount of these kind of people who don't fact check and easily believe in absurd notions. That's simply something that Trump's campaign took more advantage of. Of course not all of his supporters fall into that category.
On top of that there are just other scary things in general. Check out what appeared on a ballot in South Carolina.

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/blacks-getting-too-demanding-exit-poll-asks-voters/
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/07/sc-exit-polls-asks-if-blacks-are-too-demanding-over-equal-righ/21600340/

If a minority group are still pushing for equal rights, that means they don't feel they have equal rights.

I'm not joking when I say that my view on humanity changed a bit during the past few years, for many reasons.
I always knew these things were around us, but it seems a lot more common than I ever imagined.

Doesn't matter how someone feels about a situation. What matters is reality. Women and minority groups have equal rights in the US, arguably more advantages in life as well when considering affirmative action, custody rights, etc. Whining because you don't FEEL like you have equal rights only serves to prove intellectual inferiority. 

aLkaLiNE said:
Hiku said:

If a minority group are still pushing for equal rights, that means they don't have equal rights.

There are uneducated people that can easily be taken advantage of. This is not some new occurrence that arrived with trump, and I've seen just as many people post clueless or regurgitated garbage from the Hilary camp. One glance at my Facebook feed enforces that on a daily basis. Anyway, yes there are a ton of terrible people that backed our president elect. There's also a lot of intelligent and good people that did too. The exact same holds true for Hilary, Bernie and any other figurehead that is supposed to represent ideals, values, beliefs etc

how the hell does do any of those questions ,not just the equal rights one but all of them get on there, it's a ballot not a questionare where I come from it's a box to number beside the canidates name  and party is all that's on them.