By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why Trump supporters stand by debunked claim

Hiku said:
KLAMarine said:

And, for whatever reason, there are people who perceive other people making demands that go beyond the pursuit of equal rights.

But the question specified push for "equal" rights.
As I said, if this was about something else, there are far better ways to make the message clear to the voters without easily causing confusions.

Basically, it shouldn't have to take several pages of quotes in a forum to figure out what they meant, because they know many people will take it for face value.

There are multiple problems with the question. Firstly, the question implies that all blacks demand for 'equal' rights. However, not all blacks think the same. BLM believes they're fighting for equality, but there are blacks who don't want to associate themselves with them because the movement is too violent and undiplomatic. Those blacks think BLM is using 'equality' has a buzzword rather than as an end goal. This leads into the second problem: the usage of the word, equality. It has a positive connotation, but the reality is that people have subjective standards for the term. There are some people who use the positive connotation as justification for their actions rather than letting the merits of their actions do the talking. We actually see this problem a lot from 3rd wave feminists where they frequently utilize the definition of feminism to justify their actions. However, they push for things such as quotas/equality of outcome policies rather than equality of opportunity policies, which is antithetical to the term.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
aLkaLiNE said:
Now let's just generalize the rest of his supporters as that exact kind of person please.

I mean there's a frightening amount of these kind of people who don't fact check and easily believe in absurd notions. That's simply something that Trump's campaign took more advantage of. Of course not all of his supporters fall into that category.
On top of that there are just other scary things in general. Check out what appeared on a ballot in South Carolina.

http://mashable.com/2014/11/06/south-carolina-racist-exit-poll/#X33233phukqt
http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/blacks-getting-too-demanding-exit-poll-asks-voters/
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/07/sc-exit-polls-asks-if-blacks-are-too-demanding-over-equal-righ/21600340/

Wtf is this?!  

Eagle367 said:
Hiku said:

I mean there's a frightening amount of these kind of people who don't fact check and easily believe in absurd notions. That's simply something that Trump's campaign took more advantage of. Of course not all of his supporters fall into that category.
On top of that there are just other scary things in general. Check out what appeared on a ballot in South Carolina.

http://mashable.com/2014/11/06/south-carolina-racist-exit-poll/#X33233phukqt
http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/blacks-getting-too-demanding-exit-poll-asks-voters/
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/07/sc-exit-polls-asks-if-blacks-are-too-demanding-over-equal-righ/21600340/

How is this a question in 2016?
If a minority group are still pushing for equal rights, that means they don't have equal rights.

I'm not joking when I say that my view on humanity changed a bit during the past few years, for many reasons.
I always knew these things were around us, but it seems a lot more common than I ever imagined.

My jaw dropped in pure disbelief at that question

I read the first word and picture someone who looks like the KFC Colonel writing the question, followed by saying something like "I do declare" and punching his wife in the face for not laughing along with him :< depressing that piece of paper exists in 2016.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

JRPGfan said:
Reporter facepalms at how stupid these guys are.... lmao.

She done what everyone was thinking watching it. I just wish people when asked a question would answer that question and the world could all move on, when asked if she thought 3m people had voted illegally she literally never answered that question, just other random things about googling what Obama hadn't said and that some people might have. It's a black and white question with a Yes or No answer, the interviewer should have simply posed it as a Yes or No question with no flair, every other word out of that persons mouth was just giving airtime to clickbait headlines she read on facebook.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

deskpro2k3 said:

Here is how voting works folks, for those that don't know.
You have to be registered in order to vote, and in order to register you must be a citizen.

You dont think illegals are finding ways to vote?

The 3 million figure is unproven and likely false. But you really dont think illegals are voting?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

You have to be registered in order to vote, and in order to register you must be a citizen.

The 3 million figure is unproven and likely false. But you really dont think illegals are voting?

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

let me get back to you later, I need to check what Facebook says.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Fair enough, its evident you believe illegals are voting. That's a valid concern.

The lady just shouldnt have given the 3 million figure.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I don't really see the strong appeal to want to vote illegally. If you get caught there could be serious consequences. Besides most "illegals" are probably in states that are going to be blue or red no matter what. 

There's not a ton of illegal Mexican workers in a state like Ohio. California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas sure, but those states are not exactly swing states with the exception of Nevada. 

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Fair enough, its evident you believe illegals are voting. That's a valid concern.

The lady just shouldnt have given the 3 million figure.

I didn't give an answer, but lets get serious.

Undocumented immigrants have been allowed to vote in some local elections but for no office higher than town council.  

The only way a person can vote twice or more on the same day is if they do what Ann Coulter did. Register to vote in more than one voting district and don’t get caught.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5