By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian - Metascore prediction thread

Will go with 87

Around the Network

I'm thinking 83.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Eh, 74. Some people will love it, but a lot of people will just shrug it off or find it boring.

mid to low 80s. Games that are exclusive to Sony or benefit Sony more get beat up be a particular set of reviewers. Really makes it hard to get a 90 w/ only a few exceptions (ND games)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

a lot of people guessed the current score of 83

I was too pessimistic

celador said:

I was too pessimistic

It will probably change.  Although with 55 scores probably won't change too much 

celador said:

I was too pessimistic

I'm surprised a prediction I made actually won... for the moment. It might go slightly up or down. But I don't expect for it to go under 80 or above 85.

So the reviews pretty much say: "Beautiful, charming, yet with technical problems and with a poor camera". This is how the previous games were, so I am not surprised at all. I think the reviewers were able to overlook these problems in ICO and SoTC to a greater extent, but after two games and 8 years of development you just can't let it slip anymore. Especially in this day and age where technical features are gone over with a fine tooth comb (hello Digital Foundry). It does sound like many technical shortcomings are fixed on the Pro version though?

I imagine I will play the game and love it, just like the previous offerings - however that won't happen until it is at least half price.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

While I had high hopes for 88, I'm actually surprised it's above 80. I honestly thought it would be crapped on for the technical flaws.