By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Discussing the monthly numbers as of right now is a little pointless. Look at the hourlies, those XBO bundles are going to start dropping in the monthlies pretty quick. It's also pretty obvious that the UC4 bundle is doing MUCH better than any XBO SKU. It came out of nowhere to become #9 in the yearlies, a lot of which was done on Cyber Monday, which goes toward Dec NPD. The highest XBO bundle is only at #66, behind BO3 PS4 and the Pro. At least on Amazon, PS4 is the clear winner for Dec.

Around the Network

Xbox One dropping hard and it's still at $249. It's not out of stock right?
PS4 Slim out of stock like the Pro which has been out of stock for a while.

Is Xbox One selling at $299 everywhere else?

You have to be kidding me with the Amazon position crap, it means NOTHING. You can't deduce made up numbers from rankings. All it tells us is what item is selling more, and as of this month PS4 is winning. Trying to argue differently with imaginary data is illogical and counterintuitive. Two rankings combined way below the top charts doesn't mean it sold more. I've seen months when PS4 and XB1were a few rankings apart and over multiple ranks apart.......That close rank had a bigger gap in sales than the multiple ranks!

The position tells us nothing about actual sales, only who's selling more for the month. Which PS4 leads. It's always been this way, why now everything must be muddled!

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

And LOL at getting emotional over Sony's bundling choice this holiday. They obviously wanted to bundle their own game and focus on Pro sales. Yes COD would have been better BUT COD was still bundled in all of Europe over the holidays, how are people forgetting this? And even though it's "late" the U.S. still got a bundle. I highly doubt Activision regrets their deal with Sony, that's not how this works.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

thismeintiel said:
Discussing the monthly numbers as of right now is a little pointless. Look at the hourlies, those XBO bundles are going to start dropping in the monthlies pretty quick. It's also pretty obvious that the UC4 bundle is doing MUCH better than any XBO SKU. It came out of nowhere to become #9 in the yearlies, a lot of which was done on Cyber Monday, which goes toward Dec NPD. The highest XBO bundle is only at #66, behind BO3 PS4 and the Pro. At least on Amazon, PS4 is the clear winner for Dec.

Right lol. Also the PS4 is number 2 on the monthly while the highest XboxOne is only 20. All Xbox bundles fell really hard after Xmas, which shows that they were not selling anywhere near the PS4 according to Amazon. The PS4 is still holding at number 9 on the hour even though it is sold out. Another thing people seem to ignore are the ratings. Both PS4 and PS4Pro have much higher ratings than any XboxOne sku. The more people buy, the more they rate. That Minecraft bundle has a very low number of ratings, which is telling. Bringing up pre orders for the PS4Pro last month is irrelevant when the slim PS4 dominated everything and those people who bought a Pro would have bought the slim PS4 if there was no Pro. The PS4 is also number 1 on Best Buy and is still $249, while the Xbox has returned to $299. The PS4 has been the best selling console all generation and that won't change regardless of a few months in the US.

Around the Network
Pionner said:
And LOL at getting emotional over Sony's bundling choice this holiday. They obviously wanted to bundle their own game and focus on Pro sales. Yes COD would have been better BUT COD was still bundled in all of Europe over the holidays, how are people forgetting this? And even though it's "late" the U.S. still got a bundle. I highly doubt Activision regrets their deal with Sony, that's not how this works.

I agree with you. Infinite Warfare was bundled all over Europe and Europe probably accounts for about 50-60% of all PS4 sales. 

Then the CoD bundle in the US will be the main PS4 bundle going forward well into next year and could end up the only PS4 bundle in the US. And it's not like there hasn't been PS4/CoD ads.

I think Sony is just using their CoD deal wisely.

BunB said:

The PS4 is also number 1 on Best Buy and is still $249, while the Xbox has returned to $299. 

That's interesting! That should offset Xbox One sales into Amazons favour but the Xbox One bundles continue to drop on Amazon. 

I see where Jason is coming from and I agree with him. Take the hourly chart PS4 at #9, Xbox is at 31 73, and 83. Most people in here would say PS4 is "winning" the hourly chart. And they would express this OPINION as a FACT. It is not a fact at all. There is no possible way to know if the combined sales of 31, 73, and 83 outsell #9. To me all he is saying is it is not a fact that PS4 is winning on amazon. Would you put ur child's life(or someone important to you) on the statement 'PS4 is selling better than Xbox one on amazon'. I wouldn't.

With that being said PS4 is 'likely' winning on amazon. But here is something I just noticed on amazon. There is total(by my count) of 9 different options to buy a new PS4 on amazon. 7 if you exclude sold out bundles and bundles over 1k(vr bundle). There are 40 different option to buy a new Xbox on amazon. That is right 40. So I don't think it's light and day which console has more total sales on amazon when there are so many sku's and no actual number on sales besides a position ranking to 100.

edit- of course these are just my thoughts and opinions. Are they wrong, maybe, maybe not.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:

I see where Jason is coming from and I agree with him. Take the hourly chart PS4 at #9, Xbox is at 31 73, and 83. Most people in here would say PS4 is "winning" the hourly chart. And they would express this OPINION as a FACT. It is not a fact at all. There is no possible way to know if the combined sales of 31, 73, and 83 outsell #9. To me all he is saying is it is not a fact that PS4 is winning on amazon. Would you put ur child's life(or someone important to you) on the statement 'PS4 is selling better than Xbox one on amazon'. I wouldn't.

With that being said PS4 is 'likely' winning on amazon. But here is something I just noticed on amazon. There is total(by my count) of 9 different options to buy a new PS4 on amazon. 7 if you exclude sold out bundles and bundles over 1k(vr bundle). There are 40 different option to buy a new Xbox on amazon. That is right 40. So I don't think it's light and day which console has more total sales on amazon when there are so many sku's and no actual number on sales besides a position ranking to 100.

edit- of course these are just my thoughts and opinions. Are they wrong, maybe, maybe not.

This. Finally someone understands. The PS4 could be winning but we can't be 100% since we dont know the gap. 

Then why mention the gap when clearly all the Xbox skus are lower on the monthly compared to the BF bundle which is much lower than the PS4? The hourly and weekly are irrelevant when the gape is bigger on the monthly by a huge margin. If all those Xbox bundles (there were tons last year, which were higher. Check Amazon Nov 2015 and Dec 2015) were all in the top 10 or 20, then you could make the statement that they could sell better than PS4 combined.

For reference. PS4 was number 1 in November last year and highest Xbox sku was number 8. PS4 still won. https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-11/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_cal_mo

PS4 was number 3 in December 2015 and Xbox was number 15. https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-12/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_cal_mo#1

Compare that to this December in the gap is bigger with PS4 at number 2 and Xbox is at number 20. Of course anything could happen, but since this is the Amazon thread the PS4 is selling better this month no question.