By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The moment that sold you on FFXV?

FunFan said:
outlawauron said:

What other measure is there really when you're trying to make an objective argument. With something like story and writing, I can understand people who don't care for narrative heavy games. Doesn't change the fact that there is a growing group of people who like that type of focus.

Thats the thing. You can't make an objective argument. Being objective about games is like being objective about food. In other words, nonsense. Unless you have godlike taste like me, then opinion becomes fact.

Yet, in order to be a game you need gameplay. In other words being a game is essential to being a game. Story, is not. Is a complement.

But you can (seriously, food is not a good comparison).

For this discussion, I was even stating that while story and writing are subjective, there is a clear deman for this of game. So if you think that they don't have a place, there are many that clearly do.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

After playing the Judgement demo yes. the real time battles, eating food that boost stats and fighting huge monsters in a group effort remind me of Monster Hunter games and the decaying wasteland and towns destroyed by war echo that of fallout games.

there was no need to convince me, its Final Fantasy I am buying it no matter what

weaveworld said:
Nem said:
Kingsglaive and the anime.

In short, the story. I am still not the greatest fan of the combat system, but i want to experience the rest of the story. I think they set it up extremely well. Just fingers crossed it's not a disappointment.

You are the only one so far to mention those. I wonder how many have actually seen those out of the people responding in this thread.

I couldn't get hyped when it was announced, too little info, too far away and first things first (talking about 13 of course). The demo's actually played a negative part in my anticipation of the game. Then they released the Omen trailer which basically got me exited enough to have a go at the anime and the movie last saturday.

To me, they delivered big time. I don't care about the combat system anymore... I just want to see how this story develops... badly! 

I ended up pre-ordering the game and taking days off.

Everyone should watch those prior to playing the game!

They really should. Kingsglaive is an essential part of the story.

The anime a bit less, but it is very nice backstory that will make you apreciate the party members a bit better. Makes them more than just a group of monkeys following Noctis around.

outlawauron said:
FunFan said:

Thats the thing. You can't make an objective argument. Being objective about games is like being objective about food. In other words, nonsense. Unless you have godlike taste like me, then opinion becomes fact.

Yet, in order to be a game you need gameplay. In other words being a game is essential to being a game. Story, is not. Is a complement.

But you can (seriously, food is not a good comparison).

For this discussion, I was even stating that while story and writing are subjective, there is a clear deman for this of game. So if you think that they don't have a place, there are many that clearly do.

You said it yourself. I can, but the rest can't and that is why their opinion is irrelevant.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

It is honestly the least interested I have been in a mainline Final Fantasy, ever. I am less excited about this than by FF13-3.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nem said:
weaveworld said:

You are the only one so far to mention those. I wonder how many have actually seen those out of the people responding in this thread.

I couldn't get hyped when it was announced, too little info, too far away and first things first (talking about 13 of course). The demo's actually played a negative part in my anticipation of the game. Then they released the Omen trailer which basically got me exited enough to have a go at the anime and the movie last saturday.

To me, they delivered big time. I don't care about the combat system anymore... I just want to see how this story develops... badly! 

I ended up pre-ordering the game and taking days off.

Everyone should watch those prior to playing the game!

They really should. Kingsglaive is an essential part of the story.

The anime a bit less, but it is very nice backstory that will make you apreciate the party members a bit better. Makes them more than just a group of monkeys following Noctis around.

I really enjoyed how they 'connected' the characters in those ten minute animes. Also, the pace and music were perfect.

Kingsglaive is giving some much depth beforehand to the game, I hope they don't screw up the story but so far I am intrigued to see where it goes. 

The open world concept looks like a lot of fun.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Probably in a year or two will be announced on pc and then you can get excited, after that you just have to wait like one more year for it to release.

They can take their time, just as long as it's polished and sold for a good price, then I'll bite.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

idk it looks fun. I enjoyed the demos so yeah.