By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The moment that sold you on FFXV?

I still haven't been sold but its a mainline Final Fantasy so it'll be the first game I get when I pick up a Pro or Scorpio

Around the Network

They saying there was a FF XV that isn't online coming to PS4

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The new trailer that shows the combat systems, upgrade systems, maps and questing,.....

That and the newest patch adding a "wait mode" for combat.

Whenever I realized I liked the main cast of characters. That is key to me; I'll learn a new type of combat system if need be if I enjoy the characters enough.

I hate action games so I am not sold at all. Square Enix ruined my favorite video game series.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Cloudman said:
...had yet to happen. There has been some really cool trailers on it, but so far I have more issues with it than positives that catch my interest. That and SE's activity since FF13 has really made me become cautious of the company.

I'm sure the game will still deliver though.

Ka-pi96 said:
The moment I see it in a bargain bin for $1. I`m still waiting, obviously...

vivster said:
The moment they called the game Final Fantasy sold it to me. Too bad they didn't do anything with the game to sell it even more.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I don't want to be a Debbie downer but there have been dozens of moments that turned me OFF to the game :(

But I hope I'm wrong and the game turns out to be amazing!

I've nevee been one to question why anyone likes or doesmt like a game (since i feel its subjective) but I've always been puzzled by the people that say things to suggest that FF15 will be bad. 

We don't know about the story which is usually the most important facets of any FF game.

All the exposure anyone has got from it thus far are from demos and how much each demo changed from the last drives the point home that the game is still in development. 

There are a great number of series firsts in the game which should at the very least make any FF fan interested in it. From how the weapons work, the summons (I mean come on, now these summons looks and feel like godlike all powerful creatures), a car, day and night cycle, how levelling up works....

the gameplay looks to be on point and seems to have a lot of depth down to making a small mini game from something as simple as spells.

This is the first (well second cause 12 also was kinda) true open world FF game. 

There is just a depth of new takes on the RPG formula that could like FF did before, change how RPGs are designed going forward. 

I simply can't understand how any FF fan can't be excited for this game. It's bold and it's different as every good FF game should be. Now if we are talking about people that habent really ever played a FF game, or those super nostalgic types that don't really hate the game for what it is but ratehr for what it isn't (our turn based dolks: though in truth this game even has a mode for them) that I could kinda understand. 

You know, reading from all the comments you quoted, most of them don't suggest the game will be bad, just that it doesn't interest them yet. Heck, I even say I'm sure the game will deliver.

-Speaking for myself, from what I've seen, it seems to look very beautiful, but it seems to focus more on story bits, rather than gameplay and just showing off parts of the world. I think the trailers focusing on story bits too much is pushing me away. There are other things that bother me, like the all boy in black party and the unusual combat system.

I haven't written the game off, but so far, I haven't been enticed by the game yet.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm still waiting.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Been watching this one since it was announced as FF Versus. When they re-announced it as FFXV, I was actually a little disappointed with the trailer. But when they released the first trailer showing the open world stuff, that's when I was hooked.

I'm hoping it brings back a little of that FF12 feeling. But even if it doesn't, it HAS to be better than that steaming pile 13.

Likely seeing it for $20 or less.

I tried a demo and the combat (which is a major part of RPGs for me) was not to my taste, but if it drops in price I'm willing to give it a chance. I know one of my best friends is insanely excited about it so might check it out as he is getting it day one.

Augen said:
Likely seeing it for $20 or less.

I tried a demo and the combat (which is a major part of RPGs for me) was not to my taste, but if it drops in price I'm willing to give it a chance. I know one of my best friends is insanely excited about it so might check it out as he is getting it day one.

Buying it for 30USD, is what sold me, so similar to you. Honestly that is the only reason i bought it, otherwise I would not care, and would hope the worse for Square Enix, since they have been making horrible decisions for about a decade.