By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The moment that sold you on FFXV?

KLXVER said:
That moment will probably never come for me... I cringe just watching a trailer of it.

Same.

Around the Network

I was sold on the moment I saw the words Final Fantasy.

Seriously though, game has looked great and I'm very excited to play it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't actually remember that specific moment. The project looked ambitious and interesting from the beginning. To bring change to the somewhat repetitive formula of JRPGs. For example, the characters in XV and the nature of their relationship is a theme I have never seen in any game before, lets alone JRPGs, and that is surely one of the main reason that I'm interested.

I have been a FF fan since VIII, but I have always preferred action based combat systems because I find them more engaging and challenging. So FFXV is the perfect game for me.

After playing through all the demos, I'm so satisfied with the combat. I find it to be engaging and hard to master. So I'm 100% sold on the game.

VXIII said:

For example, the characters in XV and the nature of their relationship is a theme I have never seen in any game before, lets alone JRPGs, and that is surely one of the main reason that I'm interested.

It's interesting that you mention this but also said VIII made you a fan, since that kind of relationship was a heavy theme in FF VIII halfway through, aside from the love between Squall and Rinoa.

Wright said:

Just a few examples:

· To the Moon has received generally positive reviews. Critics, while noting that the gameplay itself was lacking, praised the story and music.[18] The game holds an average rating of 81 out of 100 on Metacritic,[10] and 81.53% on GameRankings.[9]

In GameSpot's 2011 Game of the Year awards, To the Moon was given the "Best Story" award, which was won against Catherine, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Portal 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles.[17] which were also voted in the same category. To the Moon was also nominated in the categories of "Best Music",[19] "Most Memorable Moment",[20] "Best Writing/Dialogue",[21] "Best Ending",[22] and "Song of the Year".[23]

· Her Story was well received by critics. Review aggregator Metacritic calculated an average score of 91 out of 100 based on 10 reviews for the iOS version, indicating "universal acclaim",[39] and 86 out of 100 based on 49 reviews for the Windows version, indicating "generally favorable reviews".[40] Metacritic ranks the game within the top 20 iOS and Windows games released in 2015,[49][50] and GameRankings ranks Her Story within its top 100 iOS games of all time.[51] Praise was particularly directed at the game's narrative, [...] Critics lauded the game's narrative. Kimberley Wallace of Game Informer wrote that the "fragmented" delivery of the story "works to its benefit".[42] She appreciated the subtlety of the narrative, and the ambiguity surrounding the ending.[42] Polygon's Megan Farokhmanesh noted that Her Story "nails the dark, voyeuristic nature of true crime".[47] Chris Schilling of The Daily Telegraph was impressed by the coherence of the narrative, "even when presented out of order"

· Within two weeks of its release, the modification was downloaded more than 90,000 times.[3] Responses of most players were positive, and Wreden became "an overnight internet sensation among hardcore gamers."[30]

The Stanley Parable modification was praised by journalists as a thought-provoking game, praising it for being a highly experimental game that only took a short amount of time for the player to experience.[1][3][31] Many journalists encouraged players to experience the game themselves, desiring to avoid spoilers that would impact the player's experience, and to offer discussions about the game within their sites' forums.[31] Ben Kuchera of Ars Technica noted that while the game purportedly gives the player choice, many of these end up lacking an impact, as "to feel like you're in more control than you are".[31] Brighting's voice work was considered a strong element, providing the right dry British wit to the complex narration.[1][32] Alex Aagaard from What Culture believes that The Stanley Parable "will be regarded as one of the most pioneering games of all time" during videogames' transition from entertainment to a legitimate and respected art form.

· Thirty Flights of Loving received generally favorable reviews upon release. On Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the game received an average score of 88 out of 100, based on 10 reviews.[17] Destructoid's Patrick Hancock awarded the game 9.5 out of 10, stating that "you'll never look at linear storytelling the same way again."

Mind you, I'm purely talking about the narrative perspective of these games. I know plenty of people, for example, disliked Deadly Premonition for its terribly dated and awkward gameplay, but based on personal experience, it's hard to find someone who disliked the plot itself. In several instances, the story was the reason alone why some people kept playing the game.

I can see a pattern here. I think what you meant is "critically acclaimed". I'm not sure this games will have that much apreciation beyond people that like to feel smart. I'm on the camp that think games are about gameplay front and center, and a game with bad gameplay will be a bad game even with a good story (I hink this is what Veknoid meant). That saud I also believe poeple should decide whats "good" for themselves so, ummm... whatever floats your boat?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
I've been sold since it was announced (Versus XIII)

This... 

COKTOE said:
I am buying it naked. No trailers. Very little info in general. It will be great. Or it won't. But I'm betting I'll love it.

"Oh I am buying it naked! Here's hoping I have superpowers!"

FunFan said:

I can see a pattern here. I think what you meant is "critically acclaimed". I'm not sure this games will have that much apreciation beyond people that like to feel smart. I'm on the camp that think games are about gameplay front and center, and a game with bad gameplay will be a bad game even with a good story (I hink this is what Veknoid meant). That saud I also believe poeple should decide whats "good" for themselves so, ummm... whatever floats your boat?

Yeah, probably. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding from my end.

Nem said:
Kingsglaive and the anime.

In short, the story. I am still not the greatest fan of the combat system, but i want to experience the rest of the story. I think they set it up extremely well. Just fingers crossed it's not a disappointment.

You are the only one so far to mention those. I wonder how many have actually seen those out of the people responding in this thread.

I couldn't get hyped when it was announced, too little info, too far away and first things first (talking about 13 of course). The demo's actually played a negative part in my anticipation of the game. Then they released the Omen trailer which basically got me exited enough to have a go at the anime and the movie last saturday.

To me, they delivered big time. I don't care about the combat system anymore... I just want to see how this story develops... badly! 

I ended up pre-ordering the game and taking days off.

Everyone should watch those prior to playing the game!

The moment it was announced as Final Fantasy XV was the moment it sold me.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

None sadly,... or happily??