By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why updated ports make sense for Nintendo fans

twintail said:

I see no reasons why they shouldnt do ports.

i just think its strange that when PS4/X1 were getting them early it was frowned upon more, and now its just either yeah great move Nintendo or eh whatever.

I guess you didn't read the posts on this thread and the other threads....... 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I don't have problem with that , just don't make Bayonetta 3 a Nintendo Exclusive. I don't want to buy again a Nintendo Console for just a game.

bunchanumbers said:
I'm a Nintendo fan. I already have these games on Wii U. I'd rather they focus on the next installments of their franchises instead of adding new stuff to games I already bought years ago and have them expect me to pay more. They better run a promotion where if you own these games on Wii U you get Switch versions at a steep discount. Otherwise full on double dipping is a slap in the face to Wii U owners who have already suffered enough.

The point is outside of Splatoon you were never going to see sequels to these games in 2017 & the suffering of Wii U owners is exactly why thes ports need to exist. No one is here for another flop Nintendo console, launching with EVERY SINGLE one of their biggest IPs arriving in year one is the best way to ensure a healthy future for the platform.

teigaga said:
bunchanumbers said:
I'm a Nintendo fan. I already have these games on Wii U. I'd rather they focus on the next installments of their franchises instead of adding new stuff to games I already bought years ago and have them expect me to pay more. They better run a promotion where if you own these games on Wii U you get Switch versions at a steep discount. Otherwise full on double dipping is a slap in the face to Wii U owners who have already suffered enough.

The point is outside of Splatoon you were never going to see sequels to these games in 2017 & the suffering of Wii U owners is exactly why thes ports need to exist. No one is here for another flop Nintendo console, launching with EVERY SINGLE one of their biggest IPs arriving in year one is the best way to ensure a healthy future for the platform.

But its not. Its every single of their biggest IPs from several years ago arriving year one. It would be like if Sony launched with TLOU R, Nathan Drake Collection, God of War Remastered, Ratchet and Clank, Beyond: 2 Souls, Fat Princess, and nearly every other PS3 game at the launch of PS4. Do you think Sony fans would have been happy? They would be saying exactly the same thing Wii U owners are saying. We played those. Where's the new stuff? How about some BC instead of trying to bend us over for stuff we already have?

bunchanumbers said:
teigaga said:

But its not. Its every single of their biggest IPs from several years ago arriving year one. It would be like if Sony launched with TLOU R, Nathan Drake Collection, God of War Remastered, Ratchet and Clank, Beyond: 2 Souls, Fat Princess, and nearly every other PS3 game at the launch of PS4. Do you think Sony fans would have been happy? They would be saying exactly the same thing Wii U owners are saying. We played those. Where's the new stuff? How about some BC instead of trying to bend us over for stuff we already have?

But it is. It'd be like if sony launched the PS4 with God of War 4, Infamous Second Son, cross gen Uncharted 4 and bunch of huge remasters like TLOU, GT6 etc. 

Objectively speaking, launching with a Mario Kart enhanced port in year one is better then having no Mario Kart at all. You can argue that you want to see more new games, thats fine, but lets not act as if this won't hugely benefit Nintendo. BC with Wii U is impossible considering what the Switch is so put that to rest.

Around the Network
twintail said:

I see no reasons why they shouldnt do ports.

i just think its strange that when PS4/X1 were getting them early it was frowned upon more, and now its just either yeah great move Nintendo or eh whatever.

Eh? There's also a big number of people complaining about the Switch not having much besides WiiU ports.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

teigaga said:
bunchanumbers said:

But it is. It'd be like if sony launched the PS4 with God of War 4, Infamous Second Son, cross gen Uncharted 4 and bunch of huge remasters like TLOU, GT6 etc. 

Objectively speaking, launching with a Mario Kart enhanced port in year one is better then having no Mario Kart at all. You can argue that you want to see more new games, thats fine, but lets not act as if this won't hugely benefit Nintendo. BC with Wii U is impossible considering what the Switch is so put that to rest.

I don't see why it wouldn't be impossible to have digital BC. Xbox One and Xbox 360 are two entirely different things and MS pulls it off. Wii U is pretty much running on an electrified potato so I'm sure that it won't be near as difficult to pull off. And yes it will hugely benefit Nintendo to make the same people double dip on games they bought. I'm just saying that its not right to bend dedicated fans over for the same stuff they bought a couple years ago just because they added a couple things to make it not seem like its a blatant cash grab.

Digital BC should be a focus for them instead of doing the PS4 double dip. Especially considering the suffering Wii U owners have went through. Its bad enough that Nintendo is tryiing to tell people that a tablet is a home console.

Ports are good because let's face it, the Wii U is a turd and a good chunk of Nintendo fans skipped it.

I always knew the Wii U games will be made available in their next console so I never bothered with the Wii U. (or any 8th gen device for that matter)

bunchanumbers said:
teigaga said:

I don't see why it wouldn't be impossible to have digital BC. Xbox One and Xbox 360 are two entirely different things and MS pulls it off. Wii U is pretty much running on an electrified potato so I'm sure that it won't be near as difficult to pull off. And yes it will hugely benefit Nintendo to make the same people double dip on games they bought. I'm just saying that its not right to bend dedicated fans over for the same stuff they bought a couple years ago just because they added a couple things to make it not seem like its a blatant cash grab.

Digital BC should be a focus for them instead of doing the PS4 double dip. Especially considering the suffering Wii U owners have went through. Its bad enough that Nintendo is tryiing to tell people that a tablet is a home console.

The Xbox 360 is like 12x more powerful than the original Xbox. The Switch does not that kind of power over Wii U to comfortably pull of emulation and physically incorporating elements of the Wii U's architecture would probably cripple the Switch as a power efficient handheld 

teigaga said:
bunchanumbers said:

The Xbox 360 is like 12x more powerful than the original Xbox. The Switch does not that kind of power over Wii U to comfortably pull of emulation and physically incorporating elements of the Wii U's architecture would probably cripple the Switch as a power efficient handheld 

But the Xbox One isn't 12x more powerful than the Xbox 360. They still made it happen. Nintendo could easily pull it off. If they managed to port all these Wii U games to the Switch then it probably isn't that hard.