By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer - Some games running worse on ps4 pro than the base ps4

Ruler said:
onionberry said:

Same performance better resolution, fine. better performance and better resolution, fine. better performance and same resolution, fine... less performance and better resolution? That's a no no.

2 frames

Is like 5 on the Last of Us and even 10 on the new Deus Ex, a 30fps game. I guess it could be patched but right now it does sounds like a problem for the games affected, pro experience shouldn't be inferior.

Around the Network

Nothing that a patch won't fix. I'm sure Scorpio will run faultlessly, as it's from the mighty MS.

I hope such obvious trolling is allowed in the comments when that releases

Ruler said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

It's not just that, though. The Last of Us on the PS4 Pro is also having frame rate drops that the regular and Slim PS4 didn't have.

yeah but higher resolution 

That's the problem, the report is talking about the 1080p resolution, the performance is not as good as on the normal ps4 at the same resolution. Why? Because the ps4 pro is using super sampling when you play that game at 1080p, so maybe better antialiasing but the framerate suffers.

Trunkin said:

So enhanced games cannot be played in non-enhanced mode, if I'm understanding correctly?

If it's like PS3, you can just disable 4k support from the console's options, after which everything will run at 1080p max. I think that should take care of it.

Ruler said:

so people are complaining about 2-3 framerates?  I still rather take the improved 1080p image quality over these frames.

Its a launch period and a new concept what does DF except? They should rather give us analyses about Knacks PS4 Pro mode and recentley launched FFXV demo, all they do is test the same games over again.

I think this is directly against Sony's requirements (not recommendations), and there are people like me who'd rather get good framerate than almost redundantly high resolution. What you have there is a zoomed-in screenshot, and even then the difference is only noticeable, not huge. Complaining about this is definitely not unreasonable.

Nothing a patch won't fix. And it's a total of 4 games.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Nothing a patch won't fix. And it's a total of 4 games.

My only concern about this is the future of other games. Cause they are promising supersampling for future games if you're playing at 1080p. let's say that mass effect runs at 1080p on the normal ps4, on the ps4 pro the game is going to require more power to run the game at 1080p because of that feature, that means that developers will need to work more on the optimization, and developers these days are kinda lazy.

Zkuq said:
Trunkin said:

So enhanced games cannot be played in non-enhanced mode, if I'm understanding correctly?

If it's like PS3, you can just disable 4k support from the console's options, after which everything will run at 1080p max. I think that should take care of it.

Ruler said:

so people are complaining about 2-3 framerates?  I still rather take the improved 1080p image quality over these frames.

[snip]

Its a launch period and a new concept what does DF except? They should rather give us analyses about Knacks PS4 Pro mode and recentley launched FFXV demo, all they do is test the same games over again.

I think this is directly against Sony's requirements (not recommendations), and there are people like me who'd rather get good framerate than almost redundantly high resolution. What you have there is a zoomed-in screenshot, and even then the difference is only noticeable, not huge. Complaining about this is definitely not unreasonable.

See this is a good post: rational, civil, honest.

So tired of posts that are either damage control or knife twisting :-/

shikamaru317 said:
I hope Microsoft is watching this closely. They need to make 1080p/60 fps with the equivalent of PC high-ultra settings the target for Scorpio, not 4K. If some developers want to implement a 4K mode on Scorpio, MS should let them, but only after they've made a 1080p, 60 fps mode.

The problem is 4K is such a buzz word these days and so much better in PR and marketing terms, Imagine all the adverts saying 1080p/60 FPS instead of just 4K most poeple would be like "wtf is that" where as soon as they hear 4K mentioned everyone goes crazy about it.

Huh, looks like I was right when I said it is pointless to pay full console price for a pro without a 4K...even more so if it can't even match OG performance.

Seriously, mid gen upgrades are stupid. This kinda shit is what happens because it lowers the optimization factor, which is the biggest draw for consoles.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

shikamaru317 said:
I hope Microsoft is watching this closely. They need to make 1080p/60 fps with the equivalent of PC high-ultra settings the target for Scorpio, not 4K. If some developers want to implement a 4K mode on Scorpio, MS should let them, but only after they've made a 1080p, 60 fps mode.

Unless the Scorpio is using an 8-core Zen processor, i don't think what you're describing will happen (regardless to what MS themselves want). The PS4 and X1's current Jaguar processors just aren't up to snuff, and there's a limit to how hard they can be pushed. I'm impressed by Sony managing to scale theirs up to 2.1Ghz as a platform standard, and even then they're really just polishing a potato.