By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer - Some games running worse on ps4 pro than the base ps4

I swear that WoFF runs at a lower resolution on Pro than on PS4. I don't have prove though.

edit: HA I KNEW IT! My eyes aren't broken after all.

http://powerupgaming.co.uk/2016/11/11/world-of-final-fantasy-performing-worse-at-1080p-on-ps4-pro-than-base-console/

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/168651-world-of-final-fantasy/74545902

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
walsufnir said:
This is very worrying.

But not for you, lol

@OP What could possibly cause this? I thought the hardware was virtually identical, except for the GPU which is better in every way!

Yes, fine with the slim, no reason to invest more money on the same games.

vivster said:
I swear that WoFF runs at a lower resolution on Pro than on PS4. I don't have prove though.

I believe you.

The most powerful console

walsufnir said:
vivster said:

I believe you.

See edit. Turns out you can't fool #masterraceeyes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Definitely concerning. In the video about The Last of Us, Digital Foundry said that performance would've been better if the game was rendered at 1440p instead of 1800p.

It's all bit strange....hopefully just some teething problems.

This mid gen upgrade is kind of new territory for everyone involved.

Waiting for Scorpio lol makes it sound like its arriving next week.

so people are complaining about 2-3 framerates?  I still rather take the improved 1080p image quality over these frames.

Its a launch period and a new concept what does DF except? They should rather give us analyses about Knacks PS4 Pro mode and recentley launched FFXV demo, all they do is test the same games over again.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Definitely concerning. In the video about The Last of Us, Digital Foundry said that performance would've been better if the game was rendered at 1440p instead of 1800p.

I'm looking forward to both Skyrim Remastered and TLOU.  So yeah.