By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer - Some games running worse on ps4 pro than the base ps4

It's the cpu, my toaster has a better cpu than these consoles.

Around the Network

Nothing that a patch won't fix, same issues every console will have.

Preston Scott

Ruler said:

so people are complaining about 2-3 framerates?  I still rather take the improved 1080p image quality over these frames.

Its a launch period and a new concept what does DF except? They should rather give us analyses about Knacks PS4 Pro mode and recentley launched FFXV demo, all they do is test the same games over again.

It's not just that, though. The Last of Us on the PS4 Pro is also having frame rate drops that the regular and Slim PS4 didn't have.

Ruler said:

so people are complaining about 2-3 framerates?  I still rather take the improved 1080p image quality over these frames.

Its a launch period and a new concept what does DF except? They should rather give us analyses about Knacks PS4 Pro mode and recentley launched FFXV demo, all they do is test the same games over again.

Same performance better resolution, fine. better performance and better resolution, fine. better performance and same resolution, fine... less performance and better resolution? That's a no no.

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Nothing that a patch won't fix, same issues every console will have.

Just need to download more ram

Around the Network

Who cares that those old remastered games having occasionally framerate drops ?

The big games BF1, COD remastered, Infinite Warfare, Titanfall 2 all run better at a much better resolution. FIfa 17 runs at native 4K 60fps and FF15 will also be much better on Pro (higher fps or higher res or more details).

Clickbait article as usual from DF.

onionberry said:
Ruler said:

Same performance better resolution, fine. better performance and better resolution, fine. better performance and same resolution, fine... less performance and better resolution? That's a no no.

2 frames

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Ruler said:

It's not just that, though. The Last of Us on the PS4 Pro is also having frame rate drops that the regular and Slim PS4 didn't have.

yeah but higher resolution 

Ruler said:
onionberry said:

2 frames

1 frame could be annoying asf if the game stutters like a mofo. Anyway, the point still stands, resolution over good performance is not ideal, like, never.

MikeG85 said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-why-are-some-ps4-pro-titles-running-slower-than-base-hardware

hope sony get this sorted asap . Not the best advert for the godly 8.4tf beast.

I'm looking forward to Scorpio, hope this isn't the case on there as well.

edit - the 8.4 Tf was just a little joke towards all the secret sauce threads .no harm intended.

by running worse you mean droppping 1/2 frames then yes, also ig 84tflops is a joke then os is 1.5tflops Switch