By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Day 1 after Trump wins: Racism comes back stronger...

hlfbkd420 said:
And Obama helped race relations?

Obama sent race relations back 20 years at least

Around the Network

As long as the human race exist, you will have some form of racism. Ignore and move forward.

Thanks for nothing, Trump and his lackies.

Man... this is really, really sad. I feel for these people.

It's really disgusting. I am going to observe how this will turn out. Can the police do something about this or do they don't care?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
As long as the human race exist, you will have some form of racism. Ignore and move forward.

I'm pretty sure ignoring is not the correct thing in this case. It's the correct thing to do only if you believe racism is justified, in which case there's probably something wrong with your thinking. Just because something keeps happening doesn't make it right and ignorable.

I can imagine that many of the relatively few real racists in America felt sort of a confidence boost by Trump's victory, and some of them might even believe we're going into a new era where display of open racism becomes more acceptable. So what we might see here is how nasty people dare to express racist sentiments more openly than they dared to show before the election.

But we have to remember that this isn't an established fact. The examples in the twitter thread (or whatever it is) are circumstancial and might, or might not, reflect a real life trend. Let's not draw conclusions before we know the facts.

But even if it is an actual increase in racism expression, it might very well be temporary. I believe that things will go back to normal within a few days.

Generally speaking there aren't many racists in the West and racism is a relatively limited phenomenon. It's blown out of proportions and used as a tool against the majority population by people with an agenda.

Slimebeast said:
I can imagine that many of the relatively few real racists in America felt sort of a confidence boost by Trump's victory, and some of them might even believe we're going into a new era where display of open racism becomes more acceptable. So what we might see here is how nasty people dare to express racist sentiments more openly than they dared to show before the election.

But we have to remember that this isn't an established fact. The examples in the twitter thread (or whatever it is) are circumstancial and might, or might not, reflect a real life trend. Let's not draw conclusions before we know the facts.

But even if it is an actual increase in racism expression, it might very well be temporary. I believe that things will go back to normal within a few days.

Generally speaking there aren't many racists in the West and racism is a relatively limited phenomenon. It's blown out of proportions and used as a tool against the majority population by people with an agenda.

What about the actual reports of people being beat up at Universities for being certain religious or race or simply targetted by grafitti. The thing is, it has increased, but you are correct only time will tell the actual effects. Also your last little sentence, tries to mute what is actually accuring. The worse thing you can do is try to silence crimes like they don't happen. Agenda or not, these events are happening. 

Source: https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/11/10/us-police-investigate-attacks-on-muslim-university-students.html

Racism is alive and well. People who voted for Trump are just as racist as he is and they're finally showing their true colors.

Peh said:
It's really disgusting. I am going to observe how this will turn out. Can the police do something about this or do they don't care?

Haven't you seen all those unarmed black people getting shot by cops? The police do care, but not about non-whites.