By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Day 1 after Trump wins: Racism comes back stronger...

Jpcc86 said:
Geez, I thought Trump would unify the nation, starting with minorities.
Oh well.

The same could be said for Obama in regards to whites using your logic.  Maybe Obama didn't reach out enough given the evidence.  Not criticizing Obama here.  I like the guy.  Just exposing the fallacy of your logic.

Around the Network

So... Whats changed?

Goodnightmoon said:

Just like with Brexit this makes people feel more legitimated to express their latent racism. Which is normal, because, don't fool yourselves, not every Trump supporter is a racist at all, but every single racist has voted for him.

Are you honestly trying to tell everyone that there are no racists who voted for Clinton?

No one to comment on my post? I guess racism is only valid if it goes one way...

Lawlight said:
Yes, racism is back:

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/11/10/trump-supporter-beat-up-chicago-fight/

Responded.  

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
Jpcc86 said:
Geez, I thought Trump would unify the nation, starting with minorities.
Oh well.

The same could be said for Obama in regards to whites using your logic.  Maybe Obama didn't reach out enough given the evidence.  Not criticizing Obama here.  I like the guy.  Just exposing the fallacy of your logic.

Can't agree. I think Obama did a solid job bringing in minorities to the front and gave voice to groups that werent heard. Specially the LGBT+ community. 
I was being sarcastic anyway, I don't expect Trump to unify anything, his entire campaing was very divisive. 

Lawlight said:
No one to comment on my post? I guess racism is only valid if it goes one way...

Jpcc86 said:
LivingMetal said:

Can't agree. I think Obama did a solid job bringing in minorities to the front and gave voice to groups that werent heard. Specially the LGBT+ community. 
I was being sarcastic anyway, I don't expect Trump to unify anything, his entire campaing was very divisive. 

If Trump should start with minorities as YOU said, then Obama should start with whites.  But as the evidence shows, there are whites who are still racist.  Again, not calling out Obama.  I have respect for the man.

Lawlight said:

Divisive politics is divisive...

That's pretty much all I got from your last post which essentially supports the "increase in racism" narrative.

Look like "Trump supporter" is the new boogeyman:

http://klfy.com/2016/11/10/lafayette-pd-ul-student-made-up-story-about-attack-stolen-hijab/