By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Day 1 after Trump wins: Racism comes back stronger...

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LadyJasmine said:

That is because Hillary Camapigned to get votes in Big cities only and that is not enough under an electoral college.

There are more people in the metropolitan cities. If we only went by those votes, hillary wouldve won, but we go state by state using the electoral college. It prevents what is known as Tyranny of the Majority.

I know that and I think was a huge fail on the part of Hillary... 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Those who voted for Trump set a standard...that there is no standard to become president. The only prerequisite is having a lot of money and influence and, aggressive temperament (when youre not in front of your enemy) and a big mouth. Watch the quality of people running drop in the primaries. Theres a reason the movie idiocracy went into theaters for a short period of time.

Youre right, there is no standard. Thats why it came down to people like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as presidental candidates.

Hillary has a lifetime of experience compared to trump, but shes a shady character. With that said, she is a politician. Regardless,  they both suck for the position they were both fighting for. IMHO it was the worst election in the country's history. I can definitely agree with you that the standard dropped. Democrats were willing to accept the candidate with less standards and a two faced attitude after having a party scandal and republicans...well...I just.....their thought process  is  confusing at this point.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KLXVER said:

Youre right, there is no standard. Thats why it came down to people like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as presidental candidates.

Hillary has a lifetime of experience compared to trump, but shes a shady character. With that said, she is a politician. Regardless,  they both suck for the position they were both fighting for. IMHO it was the worst election in the country's history. I can definitely agree with you that the standard dropped. Democrats were willing to accept the candidate with less standards and a two faced attitude after having a party scandal and republicans...well...I just.....their thought process  is  confusing at this point.

Its a weird time we live in for sure. Hopefully Trump does a good job, but if he doesnt, I atleast think alot of people have changed their views on how politics work in the US.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
rolltide101x said:

Obama sent race relations back 20 years at least

LOL....Thats hilarious. The response to his presidency sent race relations back 20 years. If memory serves me correct, hes been considered one of the moster personable presidents since clinton. When Trump was elected it was out of anger, no different than the majority of millenials with bernie. Difference is, bernie made more sense than Trump. They were angry and were composed of multiple groups of people. Trumps following was mostly composed of middle aged whites without college degrees. The majority of college educated women and men voted for hillary.

Since Clinton you mean, exclude only Bush Jr?

AsGryffynn said:
LadyJasmine said:

That is because Hillary Camapigned to get votes in Big cities only and that is not enough under an electoral college.

That is in fact the very raison d'etre of the Electoral College. It's a mechanism to allow the rural population to tell urban voters to keep them in mind or live on their shoes for the next five years. 

I'd say it's pretty genius since most countries will always have an urban majority. 

It's the bipartisan nature of the bloody electoral system that I am having trouble wrapping my head around... 

Brazil have like 20 parties and yet only 2 viable candidates on presidential election. At most what happens is that when none of the two candidates is very strong another 1 or 2 will steal some votes, but even so on the 2 round will be the 2 parties that will fight for the election. So bipartisan or not doesn't make much of a difference.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL....Thats hilarious. The response to his presidency sent race relations back 20 years. If memory serves me correct, hes been considered one of the moster personable presidents since clinton. When Trump was elected it was out of anger, no different than the majority of millenials with bernie. Difference is, bernie made more sense than Trump. They were angry and were composed of multiple groups of people. Trumps following was mostly composed of middle aged whites without college degrees. The majority of college educated women and men voted for hillary.

Bush was not considered one of the most personable presidents, let alone the brightest. Republicans are not known for being the the personable people in general. Obama was head of the harvard law review and was known for the "bromance"with the prime minister of Canada and Obama was loved by diplomats here and abroad. Clinton like Obama was good with most people. Democrats are about being more socially collective compared to republicans who are moreso individualists. The result in their world popularity would make sense based on that logic.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DonFerrari said:

Bush was not considered one of the most personable presidents, let alone the brightest. Republicans are not known for being the the personable people in general. Obama was head of the harvard law review and was known for the "bromance"with the prime minister of Canada and Obama was loved by diplomats here and abroad. Clinton like Obama was good with most people. Democrats are about being more socially collective compared to republicans who are moreso individualists. The result in their world popularity would make sense based on that logic.

Errrr I guess my point got really over your head.

What I'm saying is that saying Obama is the most personable president since Clinton just means Bush Jr. isn't and Obama is. But trying to say the way you did make it seems like it's someting more.

Obama is so well loved by the people in USA and so trusted that his candidate got stompped by a clow no one said could win.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I would argue Obama is likely to be the most popular President since Reagan.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KLXVER said:
This is what happens when you keep telling a race that they are racist, that they are immune to being hurt and should feel guilty about being that color on a daily basis. It will blow up in one way or another.

Thats not what is  in the grand scheme of things. What you're talking about is only minor. Some in the country felt like they lost power in the nation once Obama was put into power. Theres a video that went viral of a guy in a starbucks harassing a worker yelling trump at her and that she was trash because she was black and the manager tried to get him out of the store. 

Pfft. Must be completely fabricated./s

Turns out that Clinton burned down that black church and sprayed "Vote Trump" on it... Clinton really has issues with temperament.

http://newsninja2012.com/hey-media-andrew-mcclinton-arrested-after-burning-black-church-writing-vote-trump/

http://www.theledger.com/opinion/20161223/editorial-fake-claims-about-trump-cause-real-divisiveness

This is a good recap of how the anti-Trump group are spreading fear with fake news.