By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Day 1 after Trump wins: Racism comes back stronger...

ebw said:
Chevinator123 said:
Yeah i dont believe any of these without proof. Theirs too many reports of them making it up.

Do you also refuse to believe any of the reports of them making it up, unless there's proof?

Given that there's been so many fake reports so far, why would anyone believe those?

Around the Network
ebw said:

Do you also refuse to believe any of the reports of them making it up, unless there's proof?

The burden of proof lies on the one that makes the claim, not the other way around.

Personally, I don't doubt some of these stories have merit, but, seeing how many have either been exaggerated or fabricated altogether, I can't blame people for taking a skeptical approach.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

HollyGamer said:
Cirio said:
Elections just happened. Emotions are extremely high for both sides.

This will settle down. Soon people will be too concerned with the holiday season and New Year's. Then when Trump starts office in January things will pick up again but simmer down in a few weeks.

did this ever happened when Obama was elected ? 

I feel that it is likely that elites are funding these protests to cause race wars with the purpose of bringing about the general destabilization of America.  They are the same people who kept sending violent instigators into Trump rallies.  This is why Clinton had no violence, whatsoever, at her rallies while Trump was being interrupted almost every minute.  The business of the elites is war and the destruction of innocent human beings and since a war with Russia is looking less likely these protests are now plan B.  I really don't believe that average Americans would be starting protests this early on, people on the left are probably a bit concerned about Trump but there are some nefarious people really high up fanning these flames.  America needs to be careful and start breaking down the media network that is protecting the elites, if not diffused these protests could lead to civil war.

Trump himself after the election has actually so far been an ok presidential character, he has behaved, talked well and not insulted anyone, Clinton and Obama both asked their supporters to give him a chance.

Isolated incidents will happen, trump won't kick out all african amaricans or muslims, don't worry.

people are over reacting and some are truely racist, which trump isnt, altough he has said some really stupid things.

Theres just a few facts, the main one being, he is your president and he deserves a chance, and if he is horrible, you can vote differently in 4 years but right now he is your only president so working with him will always be better then working against him.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Super_Boom said:
ebw said:

The burden of proof lies on the one that makes the claim, not the other way around.

Personally, I don't doubt some of these stories have merit, but, seeing how many have either been exaggerated or fabricated altogether, I can't blame people for taking a skeptical approach.

A skeptical approach is one thing.  I was responding to "I don't believe any of these without proof", which makes the extraordinary claim that the hundreds (if not thousands) of testimonials are all false unless proven true, simply because of a few faked ones.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Slimebeast said:
I can imagine that many of the relatively few real racists in America felt sort of a confidence boost by Trump's victory, and some of them might even believe we're going into a new era where display of open racism becomes more acceptable. So what we might see here is how nasty people dare to express racist sentiments more openly than they dared to show before the election.

"Relatively few?" You live in Sweden, dude. Move down here to South Carolina for a few months and spend some time around the Confederate flag-waving good ol' boys and you'll be singing a different tune. This shit has been around forever. Parents teach it to their children, and they teach it to their children. I know white people who use the n-word with reckless abandon around here. MLK Day and Black History Month get called "National N***er Day/Month." People of all generations, from my own grandmother to a friend of mine's sister have proclaimed their disapproval of interracial marriage. My stepfather absolutely despises Latinos. A lot of white people around here think all Muslims are terrorists. I'm not exaggerating here. These people are fucking racists. Most of them are non-violent and keep it to themselves, and may even be respectful to non-whites, but behind closed doors around other whites, they let their true colors shine. The spirit of slavery, Know-nothing-ism, and Jim Crow never died.

MOVE!

Hiku said:
Locknuts said:
It used to be just inequality coz racism.

Now it's racism coz trump.

Indisputable logic there.

It's that more racism surfaces (as opposed to keeping their opinions more to themselves) when those people feel they have a voice in the President, and that many more likeminded people are around them than they may have realized. That's certainly not a strange concept to grasp.

Provided evidence is provided that there is more racism now than before and that the increase is due to a Trump Presidency, sure. Otherwise it's just noise.

hlfbkd420 said:
Shadow1980 said:

"Relatively few?" You live in Sweden, dude. Move down here to South Carolina for a few months and spend some time around the Confederate flag-waving good ol' boys and you'll be singing a different tune. This shit has been around forever. Parents teach it to their children, and they teach it to their children. I know white people who use the n-word with reckless abandon around here. MLK Day and Black History Month get called "National N***er Day/Month." People of all generations, from my own grandmother to a friend of mine's sister have proclaimed their disapproval of interracial marriage. My stepfather absolutely despises Latinos. A lot of white people around here think all Muslims are terrorists. I'm not exaggerating here. These people are fucking racists. Most of them are non-violent and keep it to themselves, and may even be respectful to non-whites, but behind closed doors around other whites, they let their true colors shine. The spirit of slavery, Know-nothing-ism, and Jim Crow never died.

MOVE!

Why? Unless he moves to Sweden, which is racism free, he will encounter it wherever he goes.

bunchanumbers said:
hlfbkd420 said:

MOVE!

Why? Unless he moves to Sweden, which is racism free, he will encounter it wherever he goes.

So why is the far right rising in Sweden?

Lawlight said:
bunchanumbers said:

So why is the far right rising in Sweden?

You'll have to ask a Swede. Unfortunately Swedish politics isn't something I encounter on a daily basis.