By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Put your PSVR thoughts, reviews, recommendations here 😃😃😃

I posted most of this before, still pretty accurate, some updates and new additions.

Let me rank what I've played so far:

1. Rez Infinite 10/10, it's a must have. I only wish Area X was longer
Unfortunately the demo does no favors to this game, short with little bits of different levels, no time to get into the music at all
Update: Got the platinum trophy, can't wait to see the pro enhancements on Thursday
2. Thumper 9/10 Very addictive gameplay, could use a little more variation. Demo is a great representation of the full game.
Update: Finished it, no doesn't need more variation it's perfect. The last level is insanely fast, awesome game.
3. Bound
8/10 Awesome world to explore, looks amazing. Gameplay could use a little more variation, dancing mechanique feels underutilized. Update: Waiting for the psvr pro enhancements before finishing the game, it already looks great though.
4. Tethered 8/10 Light RTS style game, very pretty and relaxing. Control your peeps by looking at them and holding down x. Simple gameplay but can get hectic at night when the attacks come. Finished it in about 8 hours total and still want to play more.
5. Alumette 8/10 free download animated movie, more interactive than you think. Amazing to walk through
6. DriveCLub VR
7/10 At first I was a bit down with the low res environments. It's still as addictive as ever. Got the platinum, still playing it a bit every night and looking forward to the res upgrade on the pro. It could really use dynamic time and weather though.
7. Wayward sky 7/10 Point and click puzzle adventure, just feels right in VR. However pretty short and very easy. Try the demo first.
8. RIGS 7/10 My kids like it, it looks very solid. Matches are a bit short though, lot of loading screens.
9. Hyper void 7/0 A nice little shooter updated to VR. It's quite hard but fun and looks great on the OLED screen.
10. Super Stardust Ultra VR 7/10 Original game is great, VR arena very low res and prone to motion sickness.
11. Tumble VR 7/10 Not much different from the original Tumble, yet still a fun puzzle game. Move can be a bit finicky.

As for further demos:
Playroom VR Robot escape 9/10 3D platformers in VR can be great
Cod: Jackal Assault 9/10 For graphics, this looks great.
Hyper Cube
9/10 Great demo, neon colors work very well on the oled screen
Until dawn rush of blood 8.5/10 Great on rails rollercoaster ride
Resident Evil 7 Kitchen 8/10 I'm suddenly interested in a Resident Evil game
Battlezone 7.5/10 Looks solid, gameplay is fun, not sure if worth full price
Harmonix Music VR 7.5/10 Painting in 3D is fun
Here they lie 7/10 Walking around the tunnels is great, very low res however. Still most likely to be my next purchase.
Eve Valkyrie 7/10 Demo is very short
Playstation VR worlds 6.5/10 Knocking the balls around in the menu screen is fun, ocean decent looks cool, shooting gallery is ok.
Job Simulator 6.5/10 Fun for the duration of the demo.
Gnog 6/10 Looks great, yet why am I moving a floating cursor to interact, bad control scheme
Headmaster 5/10 It works, I was bored before the end
Within 4/10 Media player, 360 videos don't look all that good to me
Video VR 3/10 Media player, hard to read the text, more 360 videos
Littlestar VR cinema 3/10 Rio video is fun to watch once.

PSVR overall experience 9/10, keeping me up every night.

I'll probably buy Windlands tonight and Here they lie is still on my radar.

Around the Network

I tried Oh My! Genesis last night. It's only $3 and looked pretty cute.

It's a simple RTS game played out on a beach ball sized planet in front of you. It makes good use of the dual move controllers . Grab and rotate the planet, with one or two hands to turn it the way you want. Pick up peepswith one hand, rotate the planet with the other to where they need to be assigned and drop them there. Then you get some simple god powers and can defend the planet by shielding it with your hands.

It's very cute and looks great in VR. The low price point becomes apparent after the first real planet, as in that's it for now. The rest is coming soon. Oh well, it was a good half hour of fun and you can still keep playing on the planet for more trophies or to get a highscore on the all out defense mini game you can start at any time. (Fend of waves of poisonous plants, dinosaurs and meteors) Still feels a bit like a paid for demo.

I also bought Windlands. Thinking I'm invincible I turned it up to max discomfort levels, fast smooth turning, strafing, no safety cage (whatever that is) and hard difficulty. After some initial discomfort it seemed fine, yet damn it's hard. Not quite the relaxing experience I had imagined. Messing about in the hub select area was fun, climbing the big tree to the top etc, yet as soon as I got in the first level (jungle) it quickly became an excersize in frustration.

Everytime you fall it resets all the way back to the last checkpoint, which can be quite harsh after 10 minutes of slowly getting closer. It's easy to lose direction too, ending back where yiou came from, but I guess that will get better with experience. I played seated which has a few issues, namely looking straight up and down. Mashing my head into the seat rest behind me to look straight up and trying to bend double to look below me. It could use a little bit of accelerated movement in up and down rotation. Platforming movement is very floaty. Control is not as bad as Mario on ice but pretty close, it's hard to stick a landing.

The floaty movement and strafing is what got me in the end I think. After an hour or so I started to feel a bit green. I pushed on for another 10 minutes before deciding to call it quits. This is the first time I have felt real motion sickness. It wasn't too bad, but it also did not go away after stopping. I went to bed and it's gone now luckily, not a nice feeling.

Anyway, the game looks interesting and I certainly want to play more. I'll start over in normal mode as hard is a bit too frustrating. I only managed to get to 2 checkpoints in over an hour, having to reset all the time.

Eagle Flight, a must have. got my hand on an early copy (out tomorrow)

Tethered looks good and at 8 hours ish according to svennoJ seems like one of the longest VR games. I'll wait for a price drop then check it out.

enitalp said:

Seems an odd game. What do you do in it is there like objectives or just flying aboot? 

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
enitalp said:

Seems an odd game. What do you do in it is there like objectives or just flying aboot? 

You have a solo mode with around 8 to 12 hours of missions (12 if you want a 100%) , a freeflight  to explore, and a multi 3 vs 3

enitalp said:
Nogamez said:

You have a solo mode with around 8 to 12 hours of missions (12 if you want a 100%) , a freeflight  to explore, and a multi 3 vs 3

http://www.psu.com/review/31517/eagle-flight-review

I played over 2 hours of windlands last night, no more motion sickness. After a learning curve of a brick wall, ie repeatedly smashing into walls, I'm starting to get the hang of it. The small amount of checkpoints, floaty movement, bouncing/sliding off uneven surfaces and edges can still be pretty frustrating, and my neck wasn't too happy with the wild movements trying to quickly hook on to a tree when things went wrong again.
But at the end of the night I had still managed to get all the crystals in the Jungle level (plus 27/40 tablets) and completed the challenge course (in 16 minutes, with the online record at 1 min 20 seconds...) Climbing to the top is certainly worth the admission price. It feels like the dark souls of platforming, plenty of deaths and obstacles that a first seem impossible, yet rewarding when you get the hang of it. And it all played out in lovely well crafted vertical levels that are fun to explore. I took a peek at the city level before heading to bed, looks impossible :)

Eurogamer put up a review for Robinson: The Journey. They're not very positive about it, citing the high price in the UK (it's full price there apparently)
It's a small part of a small game, though, and Robinson: The Journey is slight. There's a premium feel to how the world you explore looks and feels, but the price-tag Robinson: The Journey commands is noteworthy seeing as it doesn't offer that much more than Rocksteady's more reasonably priced Arkham VR.
Is the game only 2 hours long?

Eurogamer Italy instead says: It is a pleasant adventure that's fun, even long-lived.
And PS Lifestyle: It’s not only the best looking game on VR, but one of the longest virtual reality experiences we have so far.

I'll find out for myself on Thursday. One thing all these VR reviews have in common is that they're all over the place.

Please post your opinion of Robinson when you get it because I'm interested in that game but need to know motion sickness and gameplay ( don't want to watch no vids because spoilers). 

enitalp said:
enitalp said:

http://www.psu.com/review/31517/eagle-flight-review

9/10 nice score!!! Might check out a demo if ones available