By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Put your PSVR thoughts, reviews, recommendations here 😃😃😃

lets hope they make more games like rez vr

Around the Network

does anybody got it center of view drifting to the sides while playing in vr?

omgfk said:

At first. Not anymore. I forgot this was even a thing.

How sweaty and humid does the vr gets when you wear it?

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

d21lewis said:
omgfk said:

At first. Not anymore. I forgot this was even a thing.

Yeah, happened quite often on my PS4. Hasn't happened yet on my PS4 Pro.

But probably it was fixed for both consoles with the latest firmware

Around the Network
omgfk said:

Still happens for me. I have the camera under the screen. When I sit back with my feet up I sometimes interfere the camera's view of the headset, which can leave it a bit off to the sides now and then. Perhaps it works better with the camera high up yet it's not really an option. Light level is also important.

Some games let you reset the rotational drift, others turn the headset off and back on. In DC I also tend to sink down behind the wheel, that's easily reset by holding down options. That happens a lot more often than rotational drift, granny mode.

omgfk said:

try approching the camera.

It worked for me. my camera was way to high and to far ( 8') relatively to the headset around, now there is absolutely no drift with the camera at the same lvl and at 6'.

SnakeDrake said:
How sweaty and humid does the vr gets when you wear it?

It's winter here now, not really an issue atm. As long as the glasses aren't pressed tight against your face (impossible with glasses) air should still be able to circulate. PSVR leaves a gap on the bottom which helps with circulation. Dunno how a hot summer day will work out :/

Some people do have a problem with it
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/57eh72/is_there_a_solution_to_the_fog_issue_with_psvr/
I've never had the lenses fog up, perhaps they have holes out the top of their nose :)

I played some more Here they lie. This time I played standing up so I could turn and move any which way I want, no need for the crappy in game turning options at all. Leave VR turning off in the options otherwise it gets rather weird.

This way immersion is complete. Sure you're still moving around on a segway and it's still tricky to move one way while looking another, yet being at the right height from the floor and being able to simply turn 360 degrees puts the immersion level through the roof. I just got to the village in the game, amazing experience exploring the seedy town, with a sequence inspired from enter the void to top it all off.

The game is low res but the atmosphere and amount of npcs more than makes up for it. Very cool twisted level design as well, so cool looking over the edge of a bridge or peer through slats into windows. Something happening everywhere.

Ofcourse this free rotation 'solution' isn't full proof as your body stays pointing the same way, leading to moving around like this half the time.

Still 100x better than pie chart or tunnel vision turning.

Can't wait to play more.

Hey guys, I'm thinking about picking up Job Simulator, how do you guys feel about it? The demo was fun but pretty shallow, is the rest of the game like that?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.