By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Put your PSVR thoughts, reviews, recommendations here 😃😃😃

so played a lot more of Here They Lie and have to say I'm loving it now. Sickness feeling completely gone now after first playthrough. Probably the best title I've played on VR so far. Gets better the more you play. Start off a little slow but picks up fairly quickly. Im enjoying trying to work were i am and peicing the puzzle together. Certain parts have choices aswell so wondering if the choices have consequences further on. Downloading The Brookhaven Experiment so I'll put impressions up on that too.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
so played a lot more of Here They Lie and have to say I'm loving it now. Sickness feeling completely gone now after first playthrough. Probably the best title I've played on VR so far. Gets better the more you play. Start off a little slow but picks up fairly quickly. Im enjoying trying to work were i am and peicing the puzzle together. Certain parts have choices aswell so wondering if the choices have consequences further on. Downloading The Brookhaven Experiment so I'll put impressions up on that too.

You cost me another CAD 27. I was on the fence with this, yet after liking the demo and reading the mixed reviews, you tipped the scale :)
Plus I'm craving from some light horror exploration.

I wonder if it will render at a higher res on the pro as that was the only downside to the demo.

SvennoJ said:
Nogamez said:

You cost me another CAD 27. I was on the fence with this, yet after liking the demo and reading the mixed reviews, you tipped the scale :)

I wonder if it will render at a higher res on the pro as that was the only downside to the demo.

You know what's crazy? I may be remembering it wrong but I think YOUR opinion was the reason I got Here They Lie in there first place!

Still haven't really played it. I was too afraid.

SvennoJ said:
Nogamez said:

I hope you like it then!! I would say stick with it first few chapters are a bit meh but it definately gets better. Yeah it is kinda blurry but you get used to it.

Lewis I was also abit scared playing it lol but once you start meeting people and things it gets much more interesting.

Around the Network

3rd person games (bound vr) work better in vr than i expected. with that in mind a 3rd person re7 with fixed camera locations (like re1-3) imo would be way better than the first person approach there're using in the kitchen demo. so besides hello games hopefully working on a ps4pro patched nomanssky vr right now, i also hope that the last guardian gets a vr version with fixed camera locations because that would be a perfect fit imo.

Nogamez said:
SvennoJ said:

I hope you like it then!! I would say stick with it first few chapters are a bit meh but it definately gets better. Yeah it is kinda blurry but you get used to it.

It's actually still in my shopping cart, waiting for Sony to cough up the $15 they promised for spending $100 in October. No hurry, I'm jumping between too many games already, currently playing Tumble, Thumper (S-ranks are so hard), DC VR, Eagle flight, Robinson: The Journey, Bound, Hyper void (kinda stuck), Trackmania VR and Windlands.

I guess I should concentrate on the games that already had a pro patch in case the others get one later too.

0815user said:

3rd person games (bound vr) work better in vr than i expected. with that in mind a 3rd person re7 with fixed camera locations (like re1-3) imo would be way better than the first person approach there're using in the kitchen demo. so besides hello games hopefully working on a ps4pro patched nomanssky vr right now, i also hope that the last guardian gets a vr version with fixed camera locations because that would be a perfect fit imo.

I would also love a VR version of ICO. I would have no trouble triple dipping for that, and SotC, drool. A triple Team ICO VR collection, too much of an overdose of goodness! 3rd person works great in many games, except racing. Trackmania Turbo has one track with fixed camera, not suited to those twitchy cars. Maybe a game made for rc cars could work.

The Brookhaven Experiment - After enjoying the roller coaster ride from hell Until Dawn Rush of Blood I was looking forward to playing Brookhaven, unfortunately for me it's just too boring. Stand still and look 180 degrees and press a button to spin 180 to look around some more while shooting wave after wave off monsters. Once wave finished choose a weapon and warp to the next fixed spot and shoot some more. Graphics and sound are all decent enough and it can give you a fright when you turn and a enemie is right behind you. I just feel it would have been ten times better if either A) you could move freely making it a FPS or B) It played like House of The Dead and was on rails so it felt like you were at least exploring the ruined cities and locations. So yeah finding it a little boring after exploring huge cities or riding roller coasters of death. It got highly rated on Rift so guessing a lot of people enjoy but not for me.

I'm starting to really get into Robinson: The Journey.

The climbing mechanic (L2, R2 to grab, look where to grab) is quite fun, especially when there's some rush put to it.
Scanning mechanic keeps you looking around in this lovely world, exploration is fun.

Very nice for a launch window title. My only negative is the poor black level of the crytek engine, with a bit of light it looks very good.