By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: New 3D Mario POSSIBLY A Nintendo Switch Launch Title!

Miyamotoo said:
StarOcean said:

If her info comes from Takashi Mochizuki, then they're right. She plagerizes him all the time

Actually Takashi Mochizuki didn't said almost any concrete info, last time he said he dont expecting any Switch news in week when we had Switch trailer, and Emily reply to him that she strongly disagree and we are definitely getting something.  It seems that EG, Emily and Laura have same legit Switch source.

No they don't

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
awesomeabe1998 said:
If Nintendo releases both Mario and Zelda at launch, they going to sell 2 million consoles easy!

They are going to sell 2 million easy enough. 

That works out to less than 700,000 for each major market (Japan, North America, Europe). 

If they need Mario AND Zelda just to sell that many Switch units, the system is in a lot of trouble. 

Obviously, they will sell 2 million units pretty quick, but my point was that it is completely guranteed that they will sell a good 4 million units in 4 weeks or so.

Pavolink said:
teigaga said:

The only thing I would take from this is that from her sources 3D Mario is practically finished. Zelda has a release window (march) and has been delayed twice befre, so Nintendo wouldn't delay it again unless they absolutely had to (development problems), something no sources have alluded to. 

Well the game is only 2017, so releasing on holiday won't infer a new delay. It's just that they are delaying due to the Switch and I'm mad about it. I don't want them to make us wait another full year just because they prefer to launch the console with Mario.

My mistake, I double checked and you're right, theres no confirmed release month. Since the Switch release month and the Zelda delay got announced at the same time I got confused lol

Soundwave said:
AZWification said:

Then what is going to be the big holiday 2017 title? I don't think Retro's title or Luigi Mansion 3 would cut it.

March - Zelda + Monster Hunter XX

April - Splatoon Remix

May/June - Super Mario Switch World

August - Super Smash Bros. Remix

Oct - Retro Game

Nov - Pokemon

Dec - Animal Crossing Switch

Perhaps something like that. 

If you think that Capcom is going to get off their lazy ass with that franchise this fast, you're a far more idealistic optimist than any of your posts have led me to believe.  I would expect a Console Monster Hunter (that is, one designed for HD systems of that general level of power with actual freaking effort put in) no earlier than early 2018.  

I personally still think Mario will likely not be at launch.  Multiple killer apps at launch has worked before, it's not that that's necessarily an issue.  It's just more sensible in my mind to have Zelda at launch and Mario in November.  Especially with the Xbox Scorpio coming then (and before you say "oh they aren't competing with them blah blah," there's a limited dedicated hardware market and limited money in it and especially in the Holiday period, the battle for that money is fierce, Nintendo needs to bring a big gun to the fight).  But if they have something else big at that point, it could be possible.

My biggest concern right now is that they'll try to pass these remasters as sequel substitutes.  But while there's a vocal minority that seem to think that's a "good" idea, the reality is that right now is not the time to stop making new games in two of their most powerful IPs.  If it appears that there will not be a new Mario Kart or Smash on Switch, that could hurt them badly.  No one buys new hardware for old games.

Watch 3D Mario is a launch title and they put BOTW holiday 2017

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

IDK HOW I WOULD FEEL ABOUT THIS, BUT JUDGING BY THESE CAPS I WOULD BE PRETTY VOCAL!!!!

StarOcean said:
Miyamotoo said:

Actually Takashi Mochizuki didn't said almost any concrete info, last time he said he dont expecting any Switch news in week when we had Switch trailer, and Emily reply to him that she strongly disagree and we are definitely getting something.  It seems that EG, Emily and Laura have same legit Switch source.

No they don't

Yes they are, Laura and EG confirmed that Emily is legit about Switch sources.

Pavolink said:
But what about Zelda? I want Zelda to be at launch. They better not move to holiday 2017 or Nintendo is going to dissappear due to my rage.

I think they will delay it to 2018.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

PwerlvlAmy said:

Fully expect that will happen and i hate it.

Could happen, could not happen... Seems like a safe bet.