By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: New 3D Mario POSSIBLY A Nintendo Switch Launch Title!

StarOcean said:
Miyamotoo said:

Actually some Switch infos we heard from her first, like Nvidia instead of AMD.

That's not new info and was speculated months before she said it

Again, all she said about Switch was true, despite before with some earlier infos had misses.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
It doesn't really make business sense. Period. Even movie studios don't open two big movies the same weekend for a reason.

People need to get out of the bubble of the "internet fanboy warz". Having the "greatest launch evar1" might make some feel warm and fuzzy for internet bragging rights but it's probably not smart business.

And if they do that they damn well better NOT have the same problem the Wii U/3DS/even Wii and DS had with mediocre software support in month 2/3/4. They better have a big game for this period too because it's just as important, maybe even more important than a launch lineup. We saw the Wii U and 3DS completely come of its wheels with its post launch lineup.

If that happens again to Switch, no matter how good the launch lineup is, Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves.

This is a bad comparison. Seperate movie releases do not work in synergy. First party software primarily exist to sell hardware, so two seperate pieces of software can complement each other to achieve this goal. 

The more software Nintendo have available the more likely they would be to launch with 2 massive titles at once. The less they have, the more important it is to carefully spread it.

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

It's stupid for a myriad of reasons. It hurts third parties and will turn them off from the get go. It creates a probable post-launch lull, which was the MAIN problem with the 3DS and Wii U. It wasn't the launch itself that was problematic for either system, it was the period of month 2/3/4/5 where things fell apart. 

It even hurts Zelda and Mario IMO. These are probably games that require a nice window to be enjoyed on their own and appreciated that way, shoving two games like that together is not good for either one. 

Also again Wii U and 3DS did not have a problem with their launches. Both sold out basically their launch shipments, the post launch period shold be priority number 1 for Nintendo actually. 

Zelda alone will get the "I'm a Nintendo fan but I don't buy a Nintendo system without a big game" stick-up-his/her-ass Nintendo fan to buy at launch anyway. No need to overkill that. 

So because 3rd party (most likely inferior ports) Nintendo don't need to have strong launch games!? :D  Main task for Nintendo is to make Switch selling, is Switch is selling and games will sale also, if Switch does not sell, sales of game will bad. You assume if they launch Mario and Zelda they will have post-lunch lull, but you dont know that, Nintendo itself said they will have strong post launch period also.

I want heart them, it didnt hear Wii Sports and Zelda TP, relly great games will sell great.

Of Course that Wii U/3DS had problems with launch lineup, they didn't had any must have game on launch, and actually reason to buy console at launch. Thats beacuse only hardcore Nintendo fans buyed 3DS/Wii U at launch despite they werent must have games, but great games at launch attract also people that are not just fans, look at Wii with Wii Sports and Zelda TP and compare that with 3DS/WiiU.

3D Zelda and 3D Mario attract different type of consumers, it's perfect combination.

I think people need to understand too -- Wii Sports was designed more as a demo for the Wiimote. I don't think Nintendo intended it to be some monstrous killer app, it just was such a good demo of the Wiimote that casuals had to have it. 

I remember Nintendo fans even treated it like some little bonus demo disc when it was first shown. 

Nintendo has never in the 25 years I've followed them released two huge games on the same day for the same platform. 

Nintendo loses literally nothing by waiting 6-8 weeks with a new Mario. Nothing. They have you and every other Nintendo fanatic by the balls because of Zelda and they know it. It's the precise *point* of moving Zelda off the Wii U and keeping it, so basically they can now move a game like Mario into the post-launch window by having a "free" launch killer app in Zelda. 

Also I suspect Mario Kart/Splatoon Remasters will be bigger sellers then 3D Mario.

teigaga said:
Also I suspect Mario Kart/Splatoon Remasters will be bigger sellers then 3D Mario.

I think Splatoon will come early for the Switch. It's a long tail seller and Nintendo can update the game as time goes on, so I wouldn't be surprised if they key in on that game and want to have it for Golden Week in Japan (around Easter time). 

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
StarOcean said:

That's not new info and was speculated months before she said it

Again, all she said about Switch was true, despite before with some earlier infos had misses.

Which was all stolen information. 

If Nintendo releases both Mario and Zelda at launch, they going to sell 2 million consoles easy!

awesomeabe1998 said:
If Nintendo releases both Mario and Zelda at launch, they going to sell 2 million consoles easy!

They are going to sell 2 million easy enough. 

That works out to less than 700,000 for each major market (Japan, North America, Europe). 

If they need Mario AND Zelda just to sell that many Switch units, the system is in a lot of trouble. 

StarOcean said:
Miyamotoo said:

Which was all stolen information. 

So how exactly she stole only true Switch infos!?

Reality she has legit Switch source, and Laura confirmed and some other insider also, that Emily is legit about Switch infos.

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

So because 3rd party (most likely inferior ports) Nintendo don't need to have strong launch games!? :D  Main task for Nintendo is to make Switch selling, is Switch is selling and games will sale also, if Switch does not sell, sales of game will bad. You assume if they launch Mario and Zelda they will have post-lunch lull, but you dont know that, Nintendo itself said they will have strong post launch period also.

I want heart them, it didnt hear Wii Sports and Zelda TP, relly great games will sell great.

Of Course that Wii U/3DS had problems with launch lineup, they didn't had any must have game on launch, and actually reason to buy console at launch. Thats beacuse only hardcore Nintendo fans buyed 3DS/Wii U at launch despite they werent must have games, but great games at launch attract also people that are not just fans, look at Wii with Wii Sports and Zelda TP and compare that with 3DS/WiiU.

3D Zelda and 3D Mario attract different type of consumers, it's perfect combination.

I think people need to understand too -- Wii Sports was designed more as a demo for the Wiimote. I don't think Nintendo intended it to be some monstrous killer app, it just was such a good demo of the Wiimote that casuals had to have it. 

Nintendo has never in the 25 years I've followed them released two huge games on the same day for the same platform. 

Nintendo loses literally nothing by waiting 6-8 weeks with a new Mario. Nothing. They have you and every other Nintendo fanatic by the balls because of Zelda and they know it. It's the precise *point* of moving Zelda off the Wii U and keeping it, so basically they can now move a game like Mario into the post-launch window by having a "free" launch killer app in Zelda. 

It doesn't matter how Wii Sports is designed, its matter it was killer app and in combination with 3D Zelda made killer combination that made people buying Wii just for those two games. Nintendo can make similar effect with new 3D Mario game and again new 3D Zelda.

Nintendo never released console in March or in middle of generation also.

Point is that new 3D Mario and new 3D Zelda availability out of gate for Switch will make huge splash on market and turns everybody's heads on market, and that's exactly what Switch needs because it launching in middle of generation with very strong competition and after huge faile with Wii U. Like I wrote 3D Zelda and 3D Mario attract different type of consumers, and they actually make perfect combination.