By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Titanfall 2 fails to beat Titanfall sales in UK

So comparing games sales from a game that had 3 days less than its predecessor?

Preston Scott

Around the Network

Releasing in such a crowded schedule alongside two of the biggest FPS IPs in the industry was definitely a foolish decision. Hopefully the game has legs because it seems to be an improved experience overall.

Without the stellar reviews for an ego-shooter this game would be already dead. At least reviews and word of mouth will help to sell some more the next months.

Hard to understand what the guys who decide when a game releases think sometimes. This decision will kill an insane amount of possible revenue and especially profit with lower sales.

I haven't bought an EA game since NHL 96, but I tried the tech test and enjoyed it a lot. What put me over the top to purchase was that all DLC would be free.

I wanted to support that so maybe in the future EA could look to this game as an example of a profitable title that didn't need to price gouge with seasons passes.

I don't regret the purchase at all, I'm having a blast with the game. I just hope EA finds it in their hearts to go this route again. I'm trying to speak to them with my wallet.

Nemesis1993 said:
I never had interest for this game,because I am a singleplayer guy,but I have heard just praises about the campaign in this game,someone here beat the game?

I haven't beaten the game, but I've played a few hours of the campaign and can vouch for its quality. I was worried it might be some cheap, tacked-on throwaway, but it's one of the best shooter campaigns I've played in quite some time. This and Doom are quite good single-player experiences. 

Around the Network

TF1 launched on a console with no exclusives since launch day in the middle of the year, at a time where there was no competition.

While TF2 is multiplatform, you do not have X1 fans buying it up just because it is the only exclusive to play since launch. Furthermore it is going up against CoD and BF1...so this is no suprise.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

well its sandwiched between two massive games also titanfall 1 was lambasted as a xbox one exclusive and was one of the most hyped games ever

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Amazing game. Bad release date

ESPN had the opportunity to release one big shooter every year by alternating between Battlefield, Titanfall, and Star wars or any other shooter. They should've delayed Titanfall to next year September/October.
Three years cycle will ensure a quality product ND having one very big tutelage a year consistently so a better business model.

By the way, Titanfall 2 sold a quarter of Titanfall which means 31.25know first week. X360 version which was released a month later, sold better than any other version this time. Actually, it almost outsold them, 31k Vs 28k.

That's cool. The first TF had great legs and this one will as well. The tech test killed a lot of hype, mine included, but the game is actually really great. Shits all over BF1 and I don't even need to play CoD 2016 to say it will do the same to it.