By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Was Obama America's weakest president yet?

I thin calling Obama the best President is as simple minded as calling him the worst.

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I mean, maybe his looks has something to do with it?

But people like the way he's run the country, changes that have happened since and he seems like a down to earth charasmatic guy with a nice family. 
The lack of scandals is a bonus I guess as well.

Not really

I think most people think America is a deeply flawed place with poor race relation and many other problems.

More like he has done a good job considering the circumstances. 

There are scandals but Hillary looks far worse so the Media is on here.

I agree, that wasn't what I was talking about.

Most people like the work Obama has done has president, but we still think America is a racist piece of shit country. 

What Obama scandals have there been? 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

OneTime said:
Lafiel said:
foreign troops ... wouldn't ever be able to install a stable government in the region

This.  Also, I'd add that we've seen a number of countries where the West has intervened, and has not intervened.  We can now see empirically that there isn't an easy choice.  50% of the time things sort themselves out anyway, and only 50% of the time does intervention seem to have made things better.

I do feel bad for the US though, as there is no correct answer.  They will get blamed whichever choice they make!  We should have stopped Syria getting this bad though...

I used to watch a news program where the point was to interview important people.  One night they had British politician who was on to demand that the US stop meddling in Europe.  The next night, they had a British politician on who was demanding that the US do more to help in Eastern Europe.

That was when I first realized that it's a no-win situation.

Either way, there are politicians in other countries who are going to use US action or inaction to stir up public opinion.  I no longer worry about it.

nope.

I mean... I guess a reply should be more than a single word, but... can't really think of many others as this is a black and white case of a yes or no question, to which the answer is just No.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

No because many others have also supported terrorists and the oil didn't go down as much.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Rab said:
In comparison to Putin, yes

In what way, are you trying to compare what a dictator can do compared to the US President??

Both are elected presidents, but one leads the other not so much  

Not even close. The weakest would be Hoover, who allowed the Great Depression to happen and didn't do much of anything about it, and then there's Bush 2 who froze up while reading a children's story when he should have been responding to the 9/11 attack.

Obama is one of the best Presidents you guys have ever had.

ArchangelMadzz said:
LadyJasmine said:

Not really

I think most people think America is a deeply flawed place with poor race relation and many other problems.

More like he has done a good job considering the circumstances. 

There are scandals but Hillary looks far worse so the Media is on here.

I agree, that wasn't what I was talking about.

Most people like the work Obama has done has president, but we still think America is a racist piece of shit country. 

What Obama scandals have there been? 

- Lying to Millions of American about the reality of Obamacare ( can keep your plans) , when they could not. 

- NSA Scandal 

There are others but those are the main ones. 

I would rank G.W.Bush as the worst president ever. However, Obama is not far behind. America lost its status as a leader and allowed Russia and China to get stronger and bigger. After years of containment of Russia, the cold war kinda of thing is back and USA can do nothing about it.

The whole miss in the Middle east is G.W.Bush to blame and then Obama. Both are bad presidents.

No, it was William Henry Harrison. He lasted, what? Like a month and then died. I'd say he was the weakest. He didn't do a damn thing!