By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Was Obama America's weakest president yet?

ArchangelMadzz said:

From someone outside of America, most of the world likes Obama, and seeing as your point relies on international relations. I'd say he's succeeded on that front.

People look at world leaders superfically.

People love  our PM of Canada only because he is good looking.

In reality he is a centrist moderate. 

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

From someone outside of America, most of the world likes Obama, and seeing as your point relies on international relations. I'd say he's succeeded on that front.

I mean, maybe his looks has something to do with it?

But people like the way he's run the country, changes that have happened since and he seems like a down to earth charasmatic guy with a nice family. 
The lack of scandals is a bonus I guess as well.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Turkish said:

-Lost Philippines and losing Turkey as allies, others are now slowly starting to look for alternatives

-Unwilling to stop Russian aggression from the Baltics to Georgia

-China grows stronger and demands the South China Sea

-Let the Syrian mess grow bigger by not intervening(no oil in Syria so don't bother like Libya?)

It seems America isn't assertive anymore and losing it's position in the world.

Killed osama bin laden !?!

Turkish said:
SweetTalia said:
So because President Obama is cautious on starting wars, he is the weakest president? Um... what?

He did start wars in Libya, officially to get rid of Gaddafi, but we all know it's to secure the oil

Syria's dictator has been treating its citizens much worse but Obama looked the other way, because there's no oil.

His indifference and nonaction led to more suffering, Isis and a weaker America.

Russia's so strong they can influence US elections now, insane and unthinkable just 10 years ago.

Actually the UK and France asked the US for assistance in Libya.  Dunno about oil as with the introduction of fracking the US now has tonnes of energy reserves.  

Agree with "ignoring" Syria, but that is also a combined EU/US failing.  Russia, well that's probably more the EU's fault for not including them better (and Putin's a bit of a wierd guy).

ArchangelMadzz said:
LadyJasmine said:

I mean, maybe his looks has something to do with it?

But people like the way he's run the country, changes that have happened since and he seems like a down to earth charasmatic guy with a nice family. 
The lack of scandals is a bonus I guess as well.

Not really

I think most people think America is a deeply flawed place with poor race relation and many other problems.

More like he has done a good job considering the circumstances. 

There are scandals but Hillary looks far worse so the Media is on here.

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
The Fury said:

The bail out of the banks was a needed step and one voted for in the senate, signed by Bush just before the end of his term so majority the debt was in Obama's presidential campaign. That isn't really an Obama thing, that was a world problem at the time and would have been done regardless the leader.

The Debt Obama entered Office was around 10.5 Trillion

it is now 19.5 Trillion.

So you are wrong

Yeah, that's... one way to look at it. A really simple one, that is. Don't think you'd win an actual debate with such an argument, I'm afraid.

LadyJasmine said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I read somewhere that his ministers are all experts on their field. That's a step towards the right direction, me thinks.

I don't think any of the reasons you listed are his job or his fault. The US is not and should not be the world police.

If you ally with Turkey or the Phillipines these days you might as well ally with North Korea.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wars = Dept

with all the republicans that voted against him in the house and senate, I think he has done well considering the disadvantages that was placed before him.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
OneTime said:
Turkish said:

He did start wars in Libya, officially to get rid of Gaddafi, but we all know it's to secure the oil

Syria's dictator has been treating its citizens much worse but Obama looked the other way, because there's no oil.

His indifference and nonaction led to more suffering, Isis and a weaker America.

Russia's so strong they can influence US elections now, insane and unthinkable just 10 years ago.

Actually the UK and France asked the US for assistance in Libya.  Dunno about oil as with the introduction of fracking the US now has tonnes of energy reserves.  

Agree with "ignoring" Syria, but that is also a combined EU/US failing.  Russia, well that's probably more the EU's fault for not including them better (and Putin's a bit of a wierd guy).

US wars are always about the oil. Thats why they left the Syrian population to die between Assad and Isis and create the huge refugee problem. It works out for America to keep the region in turmoil and Europe weak by having them drown in the refugee crisis. Also dont forget his drone attacks have killed 100s of civilians.