By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Was Obama America's weakest president yet?

America is in better shape than it was 8 years ago and one of the few economies in the world that's actually doing relatively well; I think he'll be remembered more fondly, he's a better president than either of the Bushes and didn't have the scandals Bill Clinton did.

He also didn't get baited into what would've been a war in Syria at the beck and call of the Saudis, he's started the road map to peace with Iran, Bin Laden was killed under him, no the world isn't a perfect place but we didn't illegally invade the wrong country killing a half million civilians and several tens of thousands of US troops for no reason.

Around the Network

I think these accomplishments are something to think about: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qYl7-RnhfTE

Overall, I think he was a strong president. Not perfect, but one who calmed the storm that Bush started. The economy is in a better place, people are getting healthcare, relations are improving somewhat, were being more open minded with stuff like gay marriage, no big wars were started, and he avoided scandal (which is very, very hard to do for any leader, let alone anyone).

Maybe not the worth us presindet ever, but the worst post ww2 one yes

i believe Bush did some good things domestically and dealt with 9/11 terrifically, and he also stopped the recession from beign much worse

I think beign carismatic makes your a better politician but not a better president

It's pretty hard to beat that title with James Buchanan ... 

Defending slavery, removing the governor of Utah, backing a pro-slavery referendum, didn't do anything about the secession of states from the union and all of that was the start of a civil war ... 

He was frankly an indecisive idiot that had TONS of experience in politics ... 

spurgeonryan said:
The world gets mad when we butt ournoses in their business.

The world gets mad if we dont.

What about the president who was in charge for like a month?

Nah, not terrible or great. Just a president. Better than bush....cough. ..cough

Who exactly is "the world"?

Western Europe?

NATO Members?

The Arab Leauge?

The African Union?

ASEAN?

South America?

Nope, I think most of "the world" would prefer if you didnt meddle in regional politics. Only American allies i.e Japan or Israel raise a fuss when things dont go according to plan. American allies are not "the world".

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

his definetly the blackest, yet ;)

I do not think the US economy is doing that well as you have full employment but rather low economic growth historically. Economic GrowthRate  is half under Obama then in the 80s or 90's. 

Usually Presidents image over time is usually based on few things...

1. Policies and long term impacts positive and negative (Bill Clinton and Reagan Get Negatives for that).

2. Image and pop culture impact (Reagan gets a huge post in his legacy by his 'moments')

3. The President who follows them..

So the first two I think Obama does okay and the third really depends on if Hillary is a let down as if she is