By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch will make our biggest dream a reality: A home console Pokemon RPG

Gamefreak says mainline pokemon on portable only.
Nintendo says switch is a home console.

Good effort, but its still unlikely.

Around the Network

As exciting as this idea is, I don't feel like a Gamefreak are good developers, so I'm not eager to see how they will mess this up. Also, Pokémon is by far the biggest casualty when it comes to losing a screen.

spemanig said:
As exciting as this idea is, I don't feel like a Gamefreak are good developers, so I'm not eager to see how they will mess this up. Also, Pokémon is by far the biggest casualty when it comes to losing a screen.

Really? I just keep hearing that almost every Pokemon fan thinks the first Pokemon games are the best ones.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Zkuq said:
People seem to be really keen on forgetting that Nintendo stated that Switch is a home console. Yes, it also acts as a portable console, but it's designed as a home console and as such, it would probably be wise to assume it won't be treated as a portable. 3DS has sold a good bit and it's far from dead, so I'm expecting Nintendo to still continue releasing handhelds. They won't stop after a successful device, they'll stop after an unsuccessful one. Besides, Switch is too big for a lot of things you could use a handheld for.

Nintendo also said the next 3D Mario wouldn't be shown until E3 2017 at the earliest, that among many many many other examples is why their word is far from law. Nintendo should well know by now that they cannot adequately support two systems. I believe after next year the unified library will truely kick in and all of Nintendo including Gamefreak will be making games for one platform. They still wanna sell 3DS in the meantime so that's why they put out this PR babble.

Nintendo didn't say anything about a new 3D Mario for 2017. That was Miyamoto, and he said that a new kind of Mario was coming at 2017. Nothing about 3D there.

Not a Pokemon fan so no dream for me.

Around the Network
Nem said:
Gamefreak says mainline pokemon on portable only.
Nintendo says switch is a home console.

Good effort, but its still unlikely.

Believe it or not, it's more likely than you think.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/01/27/nintendo-still-wont-make-pokemon-home-consoles

"But there are a lot of people who want a home console version, we know. Especially now with internet features that let people battle and trade. But the way that handhelds allow people to come together... if we could figure out a way to make that happen on consoles it would be an option on the future, but right now that’s just not possible." - Junichi Masuda

That was in January 2015. Sound like anything familiar yet?

KLXVER said:
spemanig said:

Really? I just keep hearing that almost every Pokemon fan thinks the first Pokemon games are the best ones.

K

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find one who missed having menus obscure the screen during battles

spemanig said:
KLXVER said:

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find one who missed having menus of security screen during battles

Fair enough. Im not big into Pokemon, I just keep hearing that the older Pokemon games are the best.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Zkuq said:
People seem to be really keen on forgetting that Nintendo stated that Switch is a home console. Yes, it also acts as a portable console, but it's designed as a home console and as such, it would probably be wise to assume it won't be treated as a portable. 3DS has sold a good bit and it's far from dead, so I'm expecting Nintendo to still continue releasing handhelds. They won't stop after a successful device, they'll stop after an unsuccessful one. Besides, Switch is too big for a lot of things you could use a handheld for.

Nintendo also said the next 3D Mario wouldn't be shown until E3 2017 at the earliest, that among many many many other examples is why their word is far from law. Nintendo should well know by now that they cannot adequately support two systems. I believe after next year the unified library will truely kick in and all of Nintendo including Gamefreak will be making games for one platform. They still wanna sell 3DS in the meantime so that's why they put out this PR babble.

did they really say E3 2017 at the earliest? i thought the quote just said we may see it there, not necessarily when it will be revealed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The prospect is very exciting!!
If Pokemon doesn't go to Switch, where will it go? The 3DS will die sooner or later, so they can't keep releasing pokemon games on it forever and there won't be a 3DS 2 lol making another platform wouldn't make sense when for Nintendo of the main points of the Switch is to have only a single platform to develop for.