By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch will make our biggest dream a reality: A home console Pokemon RPG

KLXVER said:
spemanig said:

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find one who missed having menus of security screen during battles

Fair enough. Im not big into Pokemon, I just keep hearing that the older Pokemon games are the best.

That was supposed to say "obscure the screen" by the way. My bad.

I mean I can't speak for  anyone but myself, but most people who say that the first games are the best ones have only played the first games. 

Around the Network

Holy Sh...... HOLY  F--!!!!!!!!

XanderXT said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Nintendo also said the next 3D Mario wouldn't be shown until E3 2017 at the earliest, that among many many many other examples is why their word is far from law. Nintendo should well know by now that they cannot adequately support two systems. I believe after next year the unified library will truely kick in and all of Nintendo including Gamefreak will be making games for one platform. They still wanna sell 3DS in the meantime so that's why they put out this PR babble.

Nintendo didn't say anything about a new 3D Mario for 2017. That was Miyamoto, and he said that a new kind of Mario was coming at 2017. Nothing about 3D there.

Uh Miyamoto is Nintendo's biggest representative, and I doubt they're gonna have two major Mario games at once so I think the game in that trailer is the one he was talking about, but yeah that's not 100% confirmed so I shoulda used a better example, but I think everyone can still understand what I'm getting at there. 

Im still skeptical.
They prepared pokemon sun/moon on 3DS for the end of 2016, the same date nintendo Switch was initially planned.
So, instead of bringing a new pokemon generation with the new console, they released a new generation in the old console. They even forgot pokemon Z for bringing the new generation in the old handheld console.
Also, no handheld game on trailer, nintendo saying its a home console.
Im really skeptical if we will receive a mainline pokemon game on switch.

jonathanalis said:
Im still skeptical.
They prepared pokemon sun/moon on 3DS for the end of 2016, the same date nintendo Switch was initially planned.
So, instead of bringing a new pokemon generation with the new console, they released a new generation in the old console. They even forgot pokemon Z for bringing the new generation in the old handheld console.

Pokemon Black/White released on DS in the west less than a month before the release of 3DS lol that didn't mean that the 3DS was not going to get its own Pokemon game.

Around the Network

Not my biggest dream but it would be cool regardless.

Yassssss!!!!! And this is why the Switch will do nicely and of course be mor enejoyable!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Keybladewielder said:
jonathanalis said:
Im still skeptical.

Pokemon Black/White released on DS in the west less than a month before the release of 3DS lol that didn't mean that the 3DS was not going to get its own Pokemon game.

well, nintendo is saying that mainline pokemon games are for handhelds only, and saying that switch is home console. So, enough reason for me to be skeptical.

Also, every generation had it won second version, except XY, they skept pokemon Z. Why? it would be easy money, for a ready game, just add volcanion, mangiana, ash greninja, zygard forms, and a few features(and Zygarde fit better a pokemon Z and the anime serie pokamon XY&Z), and ready. why would they miss this opportunity?
Well, I still dont know, but I presume it was to work on sun/moon for 3DS. They could easily brought sun/moon next year, while focus this year in Z.
Why would they miss a game and rush with other to be on 3DS, just before NS? If they wanted pokemon on NS, wouldnt they just release Z on 3DS and focus the new generation on NS? In DS, platinum was already launched on DS, also the HGSS remakes, there was no more games they could launch, only a new generation. So, pretty explainable why BW still on DS. But not now with a missing Z title.

jonathanalis said:
Keybladewielder said:

well, nintendo is saying that mainline pokemon games are for handhelds only, and saying that switch is home console. So, enough reason for me to be skeptical.

Also, every generation had it won second version, except XY, they skept pokemon Z. Why? it would be easy money, for a ready game, just add volcanion, mangiana, ash greninja, zygard forms, and a few features(and Zygarde fit better a pokemon Z and the anime serie pokamon XY&Z), and ready. why would they miss this opportunity?
Well, I still dont know, but I presume it was to work on sun/moon for 3DS. They could easily brought sun/moon next year, while focus this year in Z.
Why would they miss a game and rush with other to be on 3DS, just before NS? If they wanted pokemon on NS, wouldnt they just release Z on 3DS and focus the new generation on NS? In DS, platinum was already launched on DS, also the HGSS remakes, there was no more games they could launch, only a new generation. So, pretty explainable why BW still on DS. But not now with a missing Z title.

They didnt really say its for handhelds only, from what I remember they said that the games are more designed for meeting up with your friends and trading Pokemons. 

I actually hope that the NS continues the Nintendo handheld tradition of being a JRPG machine. If the NS can be the go-to console for JRPGs, then I'll buy one.