By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch will make our biggest dream a reality: A home console Pokemon RPG

Just think about it for a second. Since the Switch is both Nintendo's handheld and home console solution, the next mainline Pokemon game will HAVE to be on the Switch. Since the Switch is still primarily a home console, the next mainline Pokemon game will be made for home console.

HOLY ****!!! Who else is excited? (If you are, show off with some more gifs of your own)

Around the Network

Pokemon is the biggest thing I m currently waiting for

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

People seem to be really keen on forgetting that Nintendo stated that Switch is a home console. Yes, it also acts as a portable console, but it's designed as a home console and as such, it would probably be wise to assume it won't be treated as a portable. 3DS has sold a good bit and it's far from dead, so I'm expecting Nintendo to still continue releasing handhelds. They won't stop after a successful device, they'll stop after an unsuccessful one. Besides, Switch is too big for a lot of things you could use a handheld for.

I might jump back into Pokémon. I did enjoy Colloseum and Gale Of Darkness. I played Diamond, but I prefer Pokémon on consoles.

This is interesting. People will try to bring up recent quotes made by the Pokemon company to contradict this but, the Switch is a hybrid. The Pokemon Company/GameFreak/Nintendo have to make a pokemon game for the Switch and it can't be half assed. It has to take advantage of the Switch's power and finally we'll have an HD full scale Pokemon game.

And not to mention that if NIntendo markets a huge game like Zelda or Skyrim on the go, then surely a bite sized pokemon game can be advertised in the same manner. It's inevitable and Kimishima is a business man. He's going to want to make business decisions that make sense, and will sell their newest hardware. They are resting on their Laurels with 3DS but there's no telling when 3DS will give out. It's holding its own quite well and I see why they would want to continue to support 3DS but, it's time to move on.

Around the Network

It's pretty insane that it hasn't already happened. One of the biggest ???/WTF's in gaming history.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

That's one of the things I'm most excited about. Just imagine how much of a success a console Pokémon game could be, everyone's been wanting one for years!

Zkuq said:
People seem to be really keen on forgetting that Nintendo stated that Switch is a home console. Yes, it also acts as a portable console, but it's designed as a home console and as such, it would probably be wise to assume it won't be treated as a portable. 3DS has sold a good bit and it's far from dead, so I'm expecting Nintendo to still continue releasing handhelds. They won't stop after a successful device, they'll stop after an unsuccessful one. Besides, Switch is too big for a lot of things you could use a handheld for.

Nintendo also said the next 3D Mario wouldn't be shown until E3 2017 at the earliest, that among many many many other examples is why their word is far from law. Nintendo should well know by now that they cannot adequately support two systems. I believe after next year the unified library will truely kick in and all of Nintendo including Gamefreak will be making games for one platform. They still wanna sell 3DS in the meantime so that's why they put out this PR babble.

I've been waiting for a home console online RPG for 8 years.

I've lost my interest in pokemon but I always hoped for a full fledged console pokemon game. It would be great to see it actually come true.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian