By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda in August "We will consider the NX if it's on par with the XBO"

Nautilus said:
While not certain, this is good news of whats to come.

Sorry just quoted you to say, what an awesome GIf you have sir.

OP: The more games the better.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
menx64 said:
Nautilus said:
While not certain, this is good news of whats to come.

Sorry just quoted you to say, what an awesome GIf you have sir.

OP: The more games the better.

Thanks!I put it there when  he passed away.Im planing to keep it until Switch launches.After that ill either take it away and leave it like that or substitute for something else.

You have a very sexy avatar by the way!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Drakrami said:
onionberry said:

Skyrim inside a cartridge on a Nintendo hybrid, 5 years ago I would've said

seriously... have some logic.

lol what? Uncharted 4 can be running on a Nintendo handheld 5 years from now for all I care.. Totally irrevelant. 

Let's please you nintendo fans and let's say magically, Switch is as powerful as XB1. How did it manage to lose support from the biggest 2 upcoming games in Mass Effect 4 and Red Dead 2? 

Source? Because as far as I know, neither Bioware nor Rockstar have said anything about the Switch.

I really hope Bethesda is on board. Their games are awesome.

Skyrim is almost a 100% gurantee on the NX at this point. it would be marketing suicide for Bethesda to put it on an OPENING announcement system video in a ton of different spots.

and I believe the NX is supposed to have power thats close to or around Xone / base PS4

notice though how basically no third party companies are openly announcing titles for the NX. Even those tha always support them. Pretty sure Nintendo told everyone to shut up about titles until January since that's when they said they'll be discussing more details

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Soundwave said:

Skyrim is a 5 year old game though. Perhaps Nintendo actually did something a normal company would do and actually went to Bethesda and got them to agree to at least a Skyrim port or at least a demo for the reveal video.

I don't think Switch is close to an XBox One though.

That Mario Switch game didn't look even close to a standard XBox One/PS4 game, it looked very marginally better than Super Mario 3D World.

People have to be careful when reading things like this, because quotes are taken out of context, for example he never says Switch/NS must be as powerful as an XB1/PS4 for them to make games. Read his actual quote not what the writer of the article is adding on top of that. His actual quote is basically they'd consider putting a game on NS if it made sense and if it was technically feasible. 

That doesn't mean it's equal to XB1/PS4, that means a game like Skyrim HD, which is an upgraded port of a PS3/360 game fit that criteria. We don't know what it means for actual "from the ground up" XB1/PS4 games. 

I disagree with that. I think it looked noticiably better than 3D World. Take a look (I know, off screen, low res, etc. but it gives you a good idea, plus even if you zoom in a lot you can notice bullet bill's and mario's models look much better than on 3D World for example):

We'll just have to wait and see how the real Mario game comes out.  Could be Zelda Wii U all over again.  Also, I'm hoping that is just a mock up and not the real game, because watching the footage, it screams runner game, not a real Mario.  I mean they have the hearts from Zelda and the rings from Sonic, and Mario constantly has a cloud of smoke behind him.  There's also little hint of a open world to explore, just a path with possibly 3 paths to run down.  That is not what I want from a Mario game.

mountaindewslave said:

Skyrim is almost a 100% gurantee on the NX at this point. it would be marketing suicide for Bethesda to put it on an OPENING announcement system video in a ton of different spots.

and I believe the NX is supposed to have power thats close to or around Xone / base PS4

notice though how basically no third party companies are openly announcing titles for the NX. Even those tha always support them. Pretty sure Nintendo told everyone to shut up about titles until January since that's when they said they'll be discussing more details

Marketing suicide for who?  Nintendo maybe.  The vast majority of Bethesda fans aren't really going to care if they port Skyrim to the Switch, so it won't hurt them at all.  And no, current rumors/leaks are pointing to more like 1/3 the power of the PS4, with less memory and bandwith.  I also think most western devs are going to be taking a wait and see approach after seeing how their games sold on the Wii and Wii U, and after the poor sales of the Wii U.

thismeintiel said:
LipeJJ said:

I disagree with that. I think it looked noticiably better than 3D World. Take a look (I know, off screen, low res, etc. but it gives you a good idea, plus even if you zoom in a lot you can notice bullet bill's and mario's models look much better than on 3D World for example):

We'll just have to wait and see how the real Mario game comes out.  Could be Zelda Wii U all over again.  Also, I'm hoping that is just a mock up and not the real game, because watching the footage, it screams runner game, not a real Mario.  I mean they have the hearts from Zelda and the rings from Sonic, and Mario constantly has a cloud of smoke behind him.  There's also little hint of a open world to explore, just a path with possibly 3 paths to run down.  That is not what I want from a Mario game.

Actually, the hearts also appeared in Mario 64 and the rings in 3D World.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'd wager the NS is roughly half the power of the X1, which for a device it's size that's been designed mainly for handheld functionality, that's not too shabby. It should have no problem handling ports most multiplatform and cross-gen 3rd party titles, but for games that are developed specifically for the PS4 or X1, especially with the newer hardware in mind, it'll be less likely that the NS receives its own version of these titles.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

thismeintiel said:
LipeJJ said:

I don't even think it looks better, honestly. It looks exactly the same to me.

Not that that matters. SM3DW is beautiful.

The game very obviously taking level design inspiration straight from SM3DW, which is awesome because SM3DW and SM3DL are the first non-2D Mario games to get Mario's level design 100% perfect. They're pretty clearly linear, which I think is good because Mario games are supposed to be linear in level design. Zelda is where you're supposed to explore an open world, not Mario. Literally all I want from this game when it comes to level design is for it to be SM3DW with a fully controllable camera. Only then will it be the first truly faithful 3D Mario game.

I'm totally down for fully explorable hub worlds, even going as far as to say that I'd want one for each of the 8+ worlds, but when it comes to actual levels, I want them to be linear as a mofo and focused purely on fun, straightforward, challenging, gimmicky platforming. No chasing penguins. No collecting hidden stars. Run and jump from Point A to Point B without dying and without unneccessary deviations or distractions. That's it.