By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: Splatoon, Mario Kart, And Zelda For Nintendo Switch Will All Be Enhanced Ports

Ali_16x said:
BraLoD said:
Seems like people are more laid back about this now, I remember every single time a PS3 game was to come to the PS4 it was always a shitstorm here and on other sites comment sections.

heh I was thinking the same thing. and I remember it being most NIntendo fans and how they were always saying the WIi U line up had more games and less remasters etc. Atleast the PS4's reveal didn't rely on remasters and ports.

Well nothing is confirmed yet though...

Around the Network

Wow. Thats disappointing. Makes me feel like we're looking at like 2 actually new games at launch. Price point and launch titles. 2 things im a bit nervous about.

Now Nintendo fans can use the excuse Sony fans gave for remaster ports ''This is for the people who didnt own the previous system.''

I also hope that any Nintendo fan that complained or made fun of PS4/XB1 getting remasters,dont flip flop and suddenly praise it for NS

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Now Nintendo fans can use the excuse Sony fans gave for remaster ports ''This is for the people who didnt own the previous system.''

I also hope that any Nintendo fan that complained or made fun of PS4/XB1 getting remasters,dont flip flop and suddenly praise it for NS

I sure as hell dont, but it hasnt been confirmed yet, so i cant be too mad......yet.

PwerlvlAmy said:

The difference is that the PS4 still had plenty of other new games.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

The difference is that the PS4 still had plenty of other new games.

Not really. For the first year or so it was flooded with nothing but remasters. I was there and suffered through it xD

I just don't want to see flop flopping and excuse making from either side tbh

It cant be bashed for one side but justified for another imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I suppose I'd probably be a little miffed if I was looking to get a Switch at launch (and if I didn't love Mario Kart n Splatoon to death lel), but I still think this is a good thing. I'm really hoping Nintendo's plan with this isn't purely to make more profit off of already extremely profitable games but instead to make NX a better sell by offering these games at $20 or perhaps even less. Probably wont happen but I don't think it's an unrealistic idea.

KLXVER said:
Eagle367 said:

What I am asking is that now you hate them as well?

No, I dont. I just dont like the decision they are making.

Okay then

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

I'd rather have had direct sequels/brand new installments, but I guess they'll got to stack up the launch lineup, especially for all those people who passed on the Wii U

This is both good and bad... Nintendo didn't make much games for the Wii U recently, even stating they focus on NX.
I hope they have some Metroid, F-Zero, all those things we missed coming for Switch cause if their focus was to make enhanced ports, that's very lame.
Sure they can't have a brand new Smash Brothers ready when it was Sakurai and Bandai Namco doing it(which again was a way to let Nintendo work on something else) and they've been updating it for a while,
Same with Splatoon, they put so much in it and barely stopped adding stuff.

Mario Kart is debatable on the other hand...Been some time, and adding a few tracks and double items...not convinced, they could've done a brand new thing, then maybe they didn't know what to add besides graphical enhancements..

Nintendo is really worrying with its own IP, they seem out of ideas on so many.
So having third parties and being able to keep them is more important than ever for Nintendo.