By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: Splatoon, Mario Kart, And Zelda For Nintendo Switch Will All Be Enhanced Ports

Faelco said:
If they launch the Switch with mostly "enhanced ports" of Wii U games, it won't make things easier for the console...

Would pretty much assure I am buying a PS4 pro instead of an NX. I would buy a NX for new Nintendo games not for games I already played on Wii U.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

So, it is not aimed for wii U owners at first.
People love ninty games, but hated wii U hardware.
So, this makes lot of sense, except for wii U owners, but we are few.

If I were Nintendo, I would bundle those games with console. A Mario Kart bundle and a splatoon bundle, at launch.

jonathanalis said:

It has a new Zelda and and new 3D Mario game already, how it is not aimed at WiiU owners?

freebs2 said:
jonathanalis said:

It has a new Zelda and and new 3D Mario game already, how it is not aimed at WiiU owners?

Well, zelda is also on wii U. And I (as a Wii U owner) wouldnt buy a console at launch for playing a single game, even if it was 3D mario...

Is not aimed for wii U owners AT FIRST. But at the end of 2017 or 2018, wii U owners maybe go in. When new games that are not on wii U come.

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
freebs2 said:

Well, zelda is also on wii U. And I (as a Wii U owner) wouldnt buy a console at launch for playing a single game, even if it was 3D mario...

Is not aimed for wii U owners AT FIRST. But at the end of 2017 or 2018, wii U owners maybe go in. When new games that are not on wii U come.

I believe most WiiU owners will want to play the new Zelda on Switch. If you really like a game and have waited years to get it, you'll likely want to play the best version of it.

Look at Twilight Princess GC sales VS Wii sales.

I'd love to have the whole 3D Zelda collection, that means both 3DS ports, Windwaker HD, Twilight Princess HD and an hd port of Skyward sword.

Bandorr said:
freebs2 said:

Zelda is going to be on the Wii U. And there was no word on the new 3d mario game.

No word? They've shown it.

On a side note. I can't tell for Splatoon since honestly I haven't played it. but I was actually hoping for them to release a new version of MK 8 rather than a traditional sequel.
MK8 already has excellent handling, a great graphics engine, and some high quality content. I don't see the need to waste all of that in order to reinvent the formula. They should just add more options, new tracks, new characters, possibly new game modes, etc.

Qwark said:
Eagle367 said:

You mean now that nintendo has finally done it, every console developer. so you loved only Nintendo before and now you hate all of em?

Finally Nintendo started remaking titles a long time ago. Starting with super Mario 64 on DS. They pretty much invented it in a way. During the Wii U era there was a remaster of Zelda TP and an enhanced version of TP if I remember correctly. If they release for remasters in one year Nintendo outperforms even Sony with remasters.

but nintendo had backwards compatibility before

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also